Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Jonah Gadjovich

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The only question now is whether he will suit up for the Canucks or the Kraken next season?

Players on Entry level contracts are protected. Or else a lot of teams will have to expose their recent first round picks? no way Jose.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Players on Entry level contracts are protected. Or else a lot of teams will have to expose their recent first round picks? no way Jose.

Their entry level contracts expire before the draft so Gadjovich and Lind are eligible for the expansion draft unfortunately.

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I was looking at the AHL stats to see where Gadjovich sits in scoring (his goals per game pace puts him well out in first).

Then I had a look at Vinni Lettieri (San Diego Gulls), whose contract with Anaheim expires this year. I want the Canucks to pick him up for AHL depth, just because he's the son of Tino Lettieri (not to mention the grandson of Lou Nanne).

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You can almost guarantee that Jethro will protect Pearson and his newly-minted three-year contract, even though there's no chance the Kraken will ever select a player with a contract of more than two years.

And of course that will mean exposing Lind and Gadjovich, with a strong likelihood one of them gets picked. So the 'Man-Child' posts could soon be a thing of the past, except on the Kraken HF boards.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
You can almost guarantee that Jethro will protect Pearson and his newly-minted three-year contract, even though there's no chance the Kraken will ever select a player with a contract of more than two years.

And of course that will mean exposing Lind and Gadjovich, with a strong likelihood one of them gets picked. So the 'Man-Child' posts could soon be a thing of the past, except on the Kraken HF boards.
Seattle will never select a player with a contract longer than 2 years? Interesting but incorrect.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Seattle will never select a player with a contract longer than 2 years? Interesting but incorrect.
If the Kraken follow the same path as every expansion team not named the Golden Knights, you can count on a flurry to trades particularly heading into next year's deadline.

Swapping veterans for picks and prospects is the only way of eventually competing in the NHL. So I suppose there's a chance the Kraken might select a guy like Pearson in the EA who just signed a new three-year agreement.

But coming out of the Pandemic and with revenues depressed, it becomes a lot more difficult to trade a guy with term on his contract. So it's almost a guarantee that Seattle will gravitate towards guys with expiring contracts. Or if they do pick a guy with term on his contract, it will only be a guy they believe they can trade.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Torts compensation pick goes in expansion draft to his home while he coached here Washington state team.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Losing a d 4 player who has not played in NHL would not likely be huge loss. Actually would be good value from that pick.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
If the Kraken follow the same path as every expansion team not named the Golden Knights, you can count on a flurry to trades particularly heading into next year's deadline.

Swapping veterans for picks and prospects is the only way of eventually competing in the NHL. So I suppose there's a chance the Kraken might select a guy like Pearson in the EA who just signed a new three-year agreement.

But coming out of the Pandemic and with revenues depressed, it becomes a lot more difficult to trade a guy with term on his contract. So it's almost a guarantee that Seattle will gravitate towards guys with expiring contracts. Or if they do pick a guy with term on his contract, it will only be a guy they believe they can trade.
I’d bet $ that they would select Pearson over Lind. A lot of money. And no I didn’t like the signing. They will want to ice a competitive team

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seems this guy is a keeper:

I’ve watched a lot of the Comet’s games, and Jonah has been involved a lot. His skating is fine, once he gets to top speed. He’s just not very quick. Very smart player and definitely fully matured. He really should be up and being evaluated at the NHL level to see what we have. Be nice to have someone who is actually tough, and can play

Reactions: Regular David Bruce

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Instead there is a steady stream of 5th liners, sometimes 6th liners, airlifted in to block prospect development and apologists who support this.

Gadjovich actually has a pedigree of being a very highly efficient scorer/60 back to his junior days but instead Greener loves him some of those Highmores, Lowmores, Highlesses and LowLesses of the hockey underworld.

Last edited:

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Protecting Pearson and losing Lind or Gadjovich right as they start to look promising is highly in keeping with the mentality of this franchise. Bullet train to nowhere.

Reactions: bh53

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
They won't lose Lind or Gadj.
they will have a deal worked out. They still have other prospects/picks that could help them dump someone. Rafferty/Karlsson/mcdonough/Costmar/zlodeyev/jurmo/focht are dump able assets

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
They won't lose Lind or Gadj.
they will have a deal worked out. They still have other prospects/picks that could help them dump someone. Rafferty/Karlsson/mcdonough/Costmar/zlodeyev/jurmo/focht are dump able assets

Or... they could just protect who is worth protecting, expose the rest, and let the chips fall where they may. I don't see why giving up additional assets is desirable.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
With Virtanen out indefinitely I think Gadjovich gets the call up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad