Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Chris Higgins from Utica

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
you think burrows, higgins and hamhuis tuned out? also... chris is from markham, i think

edit: oh hes from east york. what the **** is that?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
you think burrows, higgins and hamhuis tuned out? also... chris is from markham, i think

That's the theory.

Chris was by far the worst offender in my opinion.

Zero intensity until that Phoenix game where he turned it on like a light switch. I'm thinking that management also noticed as his compete level went back to crap for the next game and then he was pulled.

The euro guys have always been company guys. Hank will never say a bad word about management regardless of how bad management/coaching has been. Hank has always seemed to have blind faith in the coach.

And i could see how this could piss some less agreeable players off and create a rift.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

His family lives in the Danforth area of Toronto. I guess they're technically at the very southern tip of East York but anyway...

Also, mathonwy, the Chris being discussed is Tanev... point being he's not European... :laugh:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
His family lives in the Danforth area of Toronto. I guess they're technically at the very southern tip of East York but anyway...

Also, mathonwy, the Chris being discussed is Tanev... point being he's not European... :laugh:

Oh right, my mistake.

I just called them Euro vets because it was an easy categorization.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Higgins was like, WTF? when he saw the team on the ice. This embarrassed the Sedins, who know leadership is the issue. They reacted by pointing fingers in the press. Press reacts by calling this leadership! It looks like a rift to me, between the "leaders" and the team.

Canucks are a rudderless boat. Higgins must have been dumbstruck by the contrast to earlier teams. Management seems to have a serious disconnect with the team itself. They say supporting the Sedins is their focus but where is the Sedins' posse? FFS!

An informed observer like Higgins must be like an onlooker pointing out the King has no clothes. This team is a mess!

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
When you have vets saying its not fun playing here..you have to consider how Daniel feels now especially with his comments.

This team is in shambles and that locker room is clearly divided.

Makes for a great tank though.

respect for alex burrows--

“That’s my understanding and that would have been my way of doing it, but the way I’ve been told is that it might not be that way,” added Burrows. “I’m just going to try and enjoy these games and be a good guy to the younger guys because I was part of that cycle as a younger guy coming in.”

That was in 2005-06, when Burrows broke into the NHL and the Canucks had somewhat aging wingers in Richard Park (29) and Jarkko Ruutu (30).

“I was coming in to take their spots and they were super nice to me and treated me the right way,” recalled Burrows. “I want to make sure our young guys remember me as a good older guy who they could talk to and feel comfortable around — instead of being a grumpy and negative guy.”

i dunno. did you guys really think he tuned out? that's not what i thought i saw from him this season, but to be honest i've watched fewer games this year than any season since messier's last year.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Higgins was like, WTF? when he saw the team on the ice. This embarrassed the Sedins, who know leadership is the issue. They reacted by pointing fingers in the press. Press reacts by calling this leadership! It looks like a rift to me, between the "leaders" and the team.

Canucks are a rudderless boat. Higgins must have been dumbstruck by the contrast to earlier teams. Management seems to have a serious disconnect with the team itself. They say supporting the Sedins is their focus but where is the Sedins' posse? FFS!

An informed observer like Higgins must be like an onlooker pointing out the King has no clothes. This team is a mess!

Very entertaining but little basis in reality

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
that burrow's quote is amazing.

i don't think he's on the team next year and that's going to hurt (me, emotionally). hope he finds a new NHL team where he can win it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad