Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Chris Higgins from Utica

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
why.

can we please get rid of Burrows and Higgins.

Its called rewarding the players that actually deserve it. He has shown that he doesn't quit and is a real leader as he did a great job with the young guys in Utica. The guy that we need to get rid of is Dorsett.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
This is great news, love Higgy and it'll be nice to see him play a few more times before he's off the team for good. Would love to see him go back to Utica in a couple of weeks to help their playoff push though!

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
He's obviously better than several of the wingers who have been playing since he's been down.

Not that I want the team to get better or win right now. But he deserves to play in the NHL. Hopefully he can perform well enough now to earn a look somewhere next year.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Its called rewarding the players that actually deserve it. He has shown that he doesn't quit and is a real leader as he did a great job with the young guys in Utica. The guy that we need to get rid of is Dorsett.

In a meritocracy, Dorsett would have been the guy dispatched to Utica, not Higgins. I'd infinitely prefer the latter on this team any day of the week.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
I'd have him back in a heartbeat for the right price. He's a great leader for the team IMO. You always see him in the gym during the offseason videos in Vancouver.

He has one year left on the contract so it would be the same price. I am in the same boat I would be ok with having him and Burrows back next year to finish out their contracts. They are good leaders and it's not like we would spend that money any better.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Good for him. The contrast between him and Prust and how they've handled similar situations is pretty telling. Here's what Grenier said about Higgins in Utica:

“He’s been unbelievable in Utica,†Grenier said. “He’s a great leader. He’s a great guy in the room.

“He’s been one of the biggest mentors for us.

“He’s just been amazing. He’s helped every single young kid down there and he’s shown them what it means to be a professional.â€

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/0...ds-to-be-freed-and-tryamkin-is-not-overrated/

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
He has one year left on the contract so it would be the same price. I am in the same boat I would be ok with having him and Burrows back next year to finish out their contracts. They are good leaders and it's not like we would spend that money any better.

I find it funny for everyone who mentions how bad Burrows and Higgins' contracts are...especially when Sbisa and Dorsett are on the team. Burrows and Higgins at least earned theirs.

Not that I blame Sbisa or Dorsett for doing the right thing in helping secure their future.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
In a meritocracy, Dorsett would have been the guy dispatched to Utica, not Higgins. I'd infinitely prefer the latter on this team any day of the week.

I think teams still need some physical element Dorsett is pretty much it on the Canucks. Good for Higgins but he is not and should not be competing with Dorsett

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->