Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Chris Higgins from Utica

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
He's played better in Utica after an obvious late season injury last year that made him play less physical.

Unfortunately he doesn't drop the gloves...

If pedan pencils in and lucic is signed Dorsett is a wasted spot, hopefully Edmonton is willing to pick up his leadership/mentoring

stexx

Jun 8, 2014
This team needs to keep getting faster, not slower.

disagree, for the next 12 games ill take a heavy dose of vrby and higgy hopefully pizzaboy is back soon too. Look forward to them slowly skating up the boards and firing a low % shot at the goalies chest 10 times a game while getting gravy minutes because they "earned them".

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
What did Kenins do to this management group?

Kenins earned his spot in the lineup initially, but then just stopped playing the way that earned him the spot in the first place.

Unless he is back playing the way he did during his initial call up last year, he has no business being in the NHL.

I am glad Higgins got called up. He went down and handled it like a professional. There is actually a part of me that hopes he comes back next year and rebounds. The team cannot run with all rookies and inexperienced guys.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Like- ability, preparation, work ethic, mentoring were never a question with Chiggs. He doesn't have the wheels anymore. Hoping he stays for 12 games, impresses and someone takes him in offseason.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Like- ability, preparation, work ethic, mentoring were never a question with Chiggs. He doesn't have the wheels anymore. Hoping he stays for 12 games, impresses and someone takes him in offseason.

Even he admitted he lost a bit of passion for the game.

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
Eager for his bro to show up here and comment on this...

Happy to see him called back up. Thought he played pretty well in utica and he couldn't say enough good things about Travis Green. He says green should and will be an NHL coach soon.
Just focused on playing good hockey. Think he will look to play elsewhere next year, either a trade or a buyout. He said he was really close to going to CHI but cap became an issue.
Either way just good for him to be back with his daughter and fiance

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Happy to see him called back up. Thought he played pretty well in utica and he couldn't say enough good things about Travis Green. He says green should and will be an NHL coach soon.
Just focused on playing good hockey. Think he will look to play elsewhere next year, either a trade or a buyout. He said he was really close to going to CHI but cap became an issue.
Either way just good for him to be back with his daughter and fiance

That's good to hear, hope he gets another kick in the can especially after the comments saying it wasn't fun to play in Van this season. Side note that's more praise for Green from a player, if he gets poached due to retaining Willie

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
That's good to hear, hope he gets another kick in the can especially after the comments saying it wasn't fun to play in Van this season. Side note that's more praise for Green from a player, if he gets poached due to retaining Willie

He said it wasn't fun playing in Van this year? I didn't hear that clip when/where did he say that? I hope he closes out the year with the Canucks and doesn't get sent back down

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
He said it wasn't fun playing in Van this year? I didn't hear that clip when/where did he say that? I hope he closes out the year with the Canucks and doesn't get sent back down

From the provies

Higgins said his agent kept telling him he could be called back up.

“I didn’t believe him,†he said.

“How many injuries did it take? Eight or nine? Winner.

“I was enjoying playing hockey. It wasn’t a lot of fun playing up here.â€

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
From the provies

ahh I did read that, Don't know why I took at is "it wasn't a lot of fun playing hockey in the minors"

I guess he was talking about Vancouver

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
When you have vets saying its not fun playing here..you have to consider how Daniel feels now especially with his comments.

This team is in shambles and that locker room is clearly divided.

Makes for a great tank though.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
From the provies

When you have vets saying its not fun playing here..you have to consider how Daniel feels now especially with his comments.

This team is in shambles and that locker room is clearly divided.

Makes for a great tank though.

My theory is that it all began with Bieksa getting traded.

Bieksa getting traded created two factions. The North American vets and the European vets.

Chris's terrible play in the first half of the season wasn't due to wear and tear, it was due to him mentally checking out. I mentioned in an old post that I saw a motivated Higgins play against Phoenix (probably because of Doan) and then right after, a disinterested Higgins and right after that, management pulled Higgins from the line up with that idiotic announcement.

Him going to Utica was probably the best thing that could have happened to him. Being away from Vancouver most definitely sucked but work was fun (as evident by his most recent hat trick).

If we the fans dislike management as much as we do, how much do you think the 2011 vets dislike management?

Yeah, this ain't a Burr problem or a Higgins problem or a Hammer problem or a Bieksa problem. This is a Jimbo and Trev and WD problem.

Team dynamics. It's a real thing.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
the european vets?

Yeah... the guys that showed up this season.

Sedins, Hansen, Edler, Tanev.

Vrbata was on the fence I think. There's no doubting that he was quite frustrated at the beginning of the season and that frustration was compounded by the fact that the goals stopped going in for him even though he was still getting a tonne of shots.

I postulate the NA vets tuned out from the get go and Vrbata joined them in Nov/Dec.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->