Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall D Jett Woo from Abbotsford

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Hope he gets in at least one game and playing a bad team like Chicago would be an ideal way to start since there’s not exactly a lot of offensive weapons there who could burn you.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This one is a bit baffling......unless there's an injury we don't know about. Zadorov finishes his two-game suspension tomorrow in Chicago......so back in Vancouver, Woo is last on the depth chart behind even Friedman, who has played in only a couple of games spelling off Zadoirov.

The guy I'd like to see elevated from Abbotsford is Podkolzin.....can't believe he'd be any worse than Mikheyev right about now.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
This one is a bit baffling......unless there's an injury we don't know about. Zadorov finishes his two-game suspension tomorrow in Chicago......so back in Vancouver, Woo is last on the depth chart behind even Friedman, who has played in only a couple of games spelling off Zadoirov.

The guy I'd like to see elevated from Abbotsford is Podkolzin.....can't believe he'd be any worse than Mikheyev right about now.

Depth chart doesn't matter if Tocchet doesn't trust Friedman. There's good reasons for taking a look at Woo. Heck, maybe there's a 2 year deal on the table but Woo wants to make sure he's going to get an opportunity to make it. Alternatively, maybe they want to see how Woo does before offering him another contract or reward him for his play in Abbotsford.

Reactions: MarkMM

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
i'm not complaining just being real about what he's done to date. "Great Value" is not 21 games 6pts 17:25 of ice time for 3.25 million
Well there’s this kind too:

1*12Wvm326Sx8cOSZVCnx_cQ.jpeg

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Depth chart doesn't matter if Tocchet doesn't trust Friedman. There's good reasons for taking a look at Woo. Heck, maybe there's a 2 year deal on the table but Woo wants to make sure he's going to get an opportunity to make it. Alternatively, maybe they want to see how Woo does before offering him another contract or reward him for his play in Abbotsford.
Yep. A lot of the time the depth chart isn't based on who is receiving a NHL salary and who isn't. This group seems to like Woo and he's earned a call-up with his play. I'd be shocked if they didn't get him into a game or two.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'd like to point out that I'm 99.999% positive that the only reason Woo is the one being called up is because Wolanin is hurt.

Wolanin has not been good this year and has had a massive drop-off in play from last year before getting hurt.

How has he played this year in Abby?

Started the year really well through October-November which was a continuation of his strong play to close out last year. Was generating more offense, really playing physical, doing a good job.

Then he got brutally crosschecked in the face at the end of November and seemed to totally lose his mojo. For most of December-January he reverted back to the guy we were seeing in 2021 and 2022 - not 'horrible' per se but playing tentatively, ended up more scrambly in his play. Has been better again the past couple weeks and seems to be coming out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad