Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall D Jett Woo from Abbotsford

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
giphy.gif

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Interested to see him get some NHL time. Can any Abby fans comment on his play lately, I seem to remember reports weren't exactly glowing this year. This might be his last chance to show something.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Woo is a bit of a throwback, steady, physical defender that likes to lay the body. Outside of Wolanin, he's arguably been Abbotsford's top defensemen for about a year and a bit. Nice to see him finally get a call, hope he gets into a game. Maybe load management for Cole?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Interesting that they bring Woo up. With Zadorov and Soucy out, they leaves them with only 2 left-handers on the NHL roster. Friedman can play either side, however.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Weird call up.

Dare i say a trade is incoming?

Z is suspended and we already have too many RDs on the roster, Hronek, Myers, Juulsen and Friedman

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I think they are choosing to galvanize Woo with NHL experience to get him ready in case he is needed in the playoffs.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Bains gets a cup of coffee before the season is over for this reason too.

If our depth is called upon when it really matters—it’s better that they aren’t deer in the headlights when they first experience the show.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Woo was great earlier in the season but hasn’t been so sharp since taking a stick to the face. But I guess with Abby’s injuries on defense, he’s the next guy up.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I think they are choosing to galvanize Woo with NHL experience to get him ready in case he is needed in the playoffs.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Bains gets a cup of coffee before the season is over for this reason too.

If our depth is called upon when it really matters—it’s better that they aren’t deer in the headlights when they first experience the show.
I agree. I'm hoping Toch really starts experimenting in that last 14 game stretch from mid-March onward.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Our organizational D depth is getting tested. Hronek got banged up, Myers is starting to look gassed again, Cole the same, Soucy hurt all year is starting to look like the Sutter acquisition without a massive overpay. Sucks cause he's looked good at times would be nice to see him get some traction here.

Juulsen after a really poor camp has grown in leaps and bounds which is great to see. On the farm Wolanin Brisebois Hirose is a big blow to Abby and our depth options.

Interested to see if they actually play Woo. I would think were shopping for a Dman on the cheap at the deadline

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Our organizational D depth is getting tested. Hronek got banged up, Myers is starting to look gassed again, Cole the same, Soucy hurt all year is starting to look like the Sutter acquisition without a massive overpay. Sucks cause he's looked good at times would be nice to see him get some traction here.

Juulsen after a really poor camp has grown in leaps and bounds which is great to see. On the farm Wolanin Brisebois Hirose is a big blow to Abby and our depth options.

Interested to see if they actually play Woo. I would think were shopping for a Dman on the cheap at the deadline

Strongly disagree here.

Soucy has been terrific and the two injuries that have caused him to miss most of the season have been bad-luck broken bones off shot blocks.

Nothing like Sutter who started poorly and then had all kinds of ongoing abdominal issues.

Soucy's season is just unlucky and I don't think that anything that's happens projects forward to future concerns.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad