Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall D Jack Rathbone (Apr 16)

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Yeah pretty ridiculous, we went from:

>Brackett coached Rathbone when he was younger, I'm worried that firing Brackett might have an impact on Rathbone's decision to sign here?

>BRACKETT NEVER COACHED RATHBONE. SOURCE?! LOL IDIOT

>Provides quote from Rathbone confirming that he was coached by Brackett.

>...

>LOL @ the conspiracy theory of Brackett and Rathbone having a tight relationship.

-

Moronic.
Your misrepresentations of each of these sentiments range from slight to so egregious they have almost nothing to do with what was actually said.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

He clearly values his relationship with Chris and Ryan more than with Judd...
Sorry but I can’t help myself remembering the “Brackett and Rathbone has tight relationship” conspiracy theory

Yeah the Brackett thing was total BS - of course he's gonna say nice things about anyone in the organization. Just like he did with Brackett it's now Chris and Ryan.............

Either way stoked for his signing.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Yeah pretty ridiculous, we went from:

>Brackett coached Rathbone when he was younger, I'm worried that firing Brackett might have an impact on Rathbone's decision to sign here?

>BRACKETT NEVER COACHED RATHBONE. SOURCE?! LOL IDIOT

>Provides quote from Rathbone confirming that he was coached by Brackett.

>...

>LOL @ the conspiracy theory of Brackett and Rathbone having a tight relationship.

-

Moronic.

Hahah nailed it. It really does seem to be always about taking innocuous opinions and exaggerating them to ridiculous heights. I guess we should all reel that in.

Great news today either way!

Anyone know what # he may wear ?

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Desperately.

If you think Rathbone is the real deal, and with Edler looking like he has another 2-3 good years in him, at least, it looks like the left side could be set for years to come.

The organizational strength is good at every position, save right defense. Management is in a great position now to address the last area of weakness.

I actually don’t think Edler has that many years left as a top 4 defenceman. In fact as early as next year he may be better suited to a bottom pairing role.

Reactions: mossey3535

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I was very entertained by people who were panicking about him not signing the past few days yet
somehow they are the calm voice of reason now the he signed
Oh HFboard, never change

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Your misrepresentations of each of these sentiments range from slight to so egregious they have almost nothing to do with what was actually said.

The main takeaways are there, but I could see how you have a difficult time reconciling them. That one poster got lambasted for saying Rathbone was coached by Brackett; the Benning Bros showed up and declared it as bullshit, but it was true. Go look for yourself.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The main takeaways are there, but I could see how you have a difficult time reconciling them. That one poster got lambasted for saying Rathbone was coached by Brackett; the Benning Bros showed up and declared it as bullshit, but it was true. Go look for yourself.
Yes he was coached by Brackett
But the speculation by a few posters was that Rathbone would not sign because he had a close relationship with Brackett.
A pure speculation that somehow spiked multiple pages of pointless discussion, only on this board

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Honestly this is one of the few prospects we have I don't know much about. Anyone wanna give a quick projection?

Strong Skating, Strong Transition Game, shoot first aggressive, rover type of D-man

Not comparing him to hughes, just saying he is comfortable with having opponents on his hip which is always a nice skill.
He's gonna turn it over, and you have to deal with that, but he'll also probably be the hardest backchecker when that happens.

Harvard was pretty dependent on the PP, and Rathbone was one of the primary puck carriers tasked with zone entries, and he got free reign to kind of go wherever on the PP

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
I actually don’t think Edler has that many years left as a top 4 defenceman. In fact as early as next year he may be better suited to a bottom pairing role.

I think Edlers days as a good PP option have passed, but he looks like he still has the chops to be a 1st unit penalty killer and solid 5 on 5 option. Based on his showing this year, I think you get multiple years out of Eddie as a steady, reliable 2nd pairing dman.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Very pleased. Think he was our top D prospect. Still need some more young guys to pan out but this is a great first step. Hoping he makes the team out of camp for the 2020-2021 season.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Yes he was coached by Brackett
But the speculation by a few posters was that Rathbone would not sign because he had a close relationship with Brackett.
A pure speculation that somehow spiked multiple pages of pointless discussion, only on this board

See. I think this is the issue. One poster said, and I quote “it wasn’t positive” and people took that to him/her saying “he would not sign because of a close relationship”. Everyone keeps amping up minor thoughts to extreme arguments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad