Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall D Jack Rathbone (Apr 16)

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Awesome! welcome to the family!

Great pick!

It paid off that the Canucks were patient with him and supported his plan to stay in Prep School an extra year!

Loyalty, unline fellow Crimson Dmen before him!

He just made out future that much brighter! Well done to the Canucks

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And Cam Robinson said he likely would not sign.

so, with Lockwood who could have gone ufa signed and Rathbone signed is this fanbase finally going to allow the ghosts of RJ Umberger to die?

It’s like this market was scorned 15 years ago when someone broke their heart that they can’t let themselves get close to someone else for fear of being dumped.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
758.jpg

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Seems like a loyal and good kid. Didn't expect him to jump ship, but I am surprised he wouldn't finish out his schooling. Even with the pandemic delaying NCAA season it felt like he always put finishing his Harvard degree first

Super happy with this though, another incredible skater to add to our left side, and it will be great for him to start practicing with an NHL team and NHL coaches

Reactions: Luckylarry

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Great!!!

We'll still have to see whether he even turns into a replacement level NHL'er... but at least we don't have to endure a year of speculation on whether or not he'll sign.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
And Cam Robinson said he likely would not sign.

so, with Lockwood who could have gone ufa signed and Rathbone signed is this fanbase finally going to allow the ghosts of RJ Umberger to die?

It’s like this market was scorned 15 years ago when someone broke their heart that they can’t let themselves get close to someone else for fear of being dumped.

Drance reported that something changed last night and the deal almost entirely came together today.

So at the time, Cam was probably correct. What changed? Who knows.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seems like a loyal and good kid. Didn't expect him to jump ship, but I am surprised he wouldn't finish out his schooling. Even with the pandemic delaying NCAA season it felt like he always put finishing his Harvard degree first

Super happy with this though, another incredible skater to add to our left side, and it will be great for him to start practicing with an NHL team and NHL coaches
I was thinking about Jack finishing his degree too, but he didn’t start with his age group. He stayed and extra year at home, so he’s still got two full years to finish his degree. Even if he didn’t sign with us and became a UFA next August, he’d still have a full year of school left. So either way he’s not finishing his degree before his NHL career starts.
Glad to get him signed. Top four guy.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Well done by the team to get this done.

As I’ve said, if I were Rathbone’s agent I would have been advising him not to sign.

Reactions: timw33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->