Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign Jacob Markstrom (2 years 1.55M AAV)

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Because of Miller's contract, they needed cost certainty over the next two years, but in exchange they give up the leverage of being able to re-sign him as an RFA if he turns out to be a useful player.

Interested to see the price.

Soooo .... this means both our goalies are UFAs in 2017?

Apparently the Sbisa logic doesn't apply here.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
A bit steep for a backup, but he's a prospect, not a journeyman. It gives them some cost certainty and by '16-'17 we'll have a better idea if he's ready to be a starter in this league.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Of course not.

Fairly ridiculous contract for a backup with his resume. Result of being overpaid on potential by Florida a few years back, I guess.

This is pretty much it. He was making 1.2M from Florida, so this isn't much more than his QO.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Really guys? What do you pay for a goalie that is rfa that was being paid 1.2 before....do you think it would be close to what he got? I mean....this is basic rfa stuff here.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
This is only the 2nd contract over 1 mil that Benning signed which i agreed with! So lets hope it works out as well as the first (RV). :laugh:

At least this time the contract ends the sametime as Miller so we don't have to trade Markstrom tho knowing Benning, Markstrom might win 40 games next season and be traded for a 7th round pick.... #fireBenningAlready!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad