Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign HC Travis Green to multi-year extension.

Why do Green and his staff not have an extension?

• Total voters

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Weisbrod and the assistant coaches (esp. Baumshartner) out would be a good start.

I don't think that stops Benning and Green from being on the chopping block if next season is rough.

Watch the outcome actually be Gear out from management and Clark out from assistant coaches, and everyone else stays. That would be on brand.

Reactions: AppleHoneySauce

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Tuesday: It was reported that the Canucks have been in discussion with the Sedins, for weeks, about joining the front office
Thursday: It's thought of as fact that the Sedins are on board

As far as anyone knows, the Sedins haven't been brought on yet. If they don't come on, can you imagine the complete clusterf*ck? Letting Green, who is loved by the players, go and not bringing in the Sedins would leave ownership with their pants around their ankles and underwear pulled down by a dog.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Boeser the only player not to praise the coaching staff. Makes sense as he's always been Green whipping boy and the only one of the 5 good players on the team Green is willing to demote.
Plus if he is friends with Gaudette, he (gaudette) could have opened up to Boeser about his frustrations with green and management on how they were playing him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don't care for Green at all. He needs to be held accountable for his choices that have resulted, in part, to our continuous underperforming. If Benning really believes he's done his best to contribute to building a successful team (ha!), Green is one of the scapegoats he will use to try to exonerate himself.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Boeser the only player not to praise the coaching staff. Makes sense as he's always been Green whipping boy and the only one of the 5 good players on the team Green is willing to demote.

"they stationed me in front of the net on the powerplay and put miller in my shooting spot, only they told him he's only allowed to pass it back to the point, never forwards, let alone shoot the book. newell brown is my dude."

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Pathetic organization doing pathetic things.

Better rosters and worse records than Desjardins. 10-8 in the bubble.

f*** this team is depressing and infuriating.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Ah f***.

Don't care either way on Green, but that means Benning is back for sure. Would bet it's a two year deal so they're on matching terms.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I wonder how many years. Green has made progress since his first season but it's hard to judge him this season without his best player.

Reactions: David71

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Looks like the players got this one done honestly, that was some crazy pressure by the roster, and I would not be surprised if the sedins put in a huge word as well

Reactions: Nucker101

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If the rumour of Green signing an extension is true it sounds like the good old "If I am back you'll be back scenario" that played out between Gillis and AV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad