Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign D Travis Hamonic to 2-Year, $6M Deal ($3M AAV)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Am I..? or am I saying that there wasnt ever going to a 'classic' rebuild ..... No matter who the f*** became the GM, they would have been tasked to make the playoffs.(with a core veering on retirement, and an empty prospect pool).from the time they were hired to the end of the Sedin contract.

This is only relevant if Benning wanted to rebuild and was prevented from doing so.

This is not the case. Benning wanted the plan. Benning sold the plan. Benning executed that plan. Everything that happened 2014-2017 was Benning's baby. And he deserves full blame for the disaster that happened.

Again, the grass is always greener anywhere else but here ..am I right...?..It doesnt hurt to accelerate your rebuild when you win the lottery twice, and have key elite players literally fall in your lap...and they're still not that good...I'm looking forward to seeing how the Canucks match up to the NYR next season.

Anyway, this is the Hamonic thread..which is rapidly turning into the whinging about management thread.

You're still pulling that embarrassing 'fell into their lap' stuff? And winning the lottery in two terrible years didn't really accelerate their rebuild at all.

Yes, this is the Hamonic thread. You were the one who derailed it by regurgitating your 2014 nonsense for the umpteenth time.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Don't forget Linden. The evil architect who was the one truly responsible for everything bad.
Benning has said time and time again he was against the Eriksson Beagle Gudbranson Holtby Virtanen Ferland Roussell and Sutter contracts. Hes really quite the sharp guy, only haterzz deny this

upload_2021-8-10_12-11-28.png

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Guis. Wouldn't it be easier for all of HFCanucks to just pretend Benning doesn't exist?

u0QnjHv.gif

RE: signing.

Term is ok. Money is ok.

Hammer(2) has shown he's capable of playing hard minutes and seems like a likeable person.

This is a logical signing.

All the transactions made this off-season have been logical and competitive ones.

None of them have sounded any alarm bells for me.

Reactions: alternate

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Why do you bother engaging in discussion here at all? This is a Hamonic thread. There's no point coming here and saying you don't care if the deal for Hamonic is FMV or whether he is a good signing because you prefer some NCAA unproven Dman instead of Hamonic. But to further your point, Hamonic is actually the type of Dman that rebuilding teams would sign. He's an affordable veteran Dman who won't, by himself, win many games for the team and he is a player that could easily be dealt.
its like you didn't read the rest of my comment chain where we are talking about Hamonic and whether or not this signing was wrong or not. Me talking about NCAA was simply giving examples for what i would have liked to have happen instead of this Hamonic deal. Also Hamonic at 3 mil is not affordable. It is a gross over payment due to the absolutely borked nature of the Defensemen market this year. Schenn or even last years contract for Hamonic are much better example of an affordable vet.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
its like you didn't read the rest of my comment chain where we are talking about Hamonic and whether or not this signing was wrong or not. Me talking about NCAA was simply giving examples for what i would have liked to have happen instead of this Hamonic deal. Also Hamonic at 3 mil is not affordable. It is a gross over payment due to the absolutely borked nature of the Defensemen market this year. Schenn or even last years contract for Hamonic are much better example of an affordable vet.

Exactly. What you would like to have happen (i.e. get an unproven NCAA guy in here) has no relevance to the Hamonic signing. Of course cheaper is more affordable. But $3M for a #4/#5 vet (who has mostly played a top 4 role) like Hamonic does not break the bank.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If you have no defenders something in the $3 - $3.5 million range is reasonable for a #4 type in the UFA market.

This team has no defenders. This contract was reasonable. It's short, it's reasonable AAV, it ends before he hits his 33rd birthday.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I just dont think he is a 4/5 dman and thus 3mil for him is a big overpay. it is only for two years however so i will relent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad