Recalled/Assigned: Canucks re-call Gaunce and Biega from Utica

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Awesome. Really hope Biega gets a game, he played well in preseason.

Hutton - Biega :D

I'm a Gaunce fan but wouldn't mind if Cracknell gets back in because he earned it in preseason and actually was playing well before he was scratched.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
I'll assume Hamhuis injured the groin he elected to not have surgery on last season.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
This will be fun to watch.

Somehow need to get shinkaruk into the lineup and we have our future roster playing today

Shame on you Jensen for not being our big scoring winger

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Hoping Gaunce/Biega don't get the call up treatment Corrado/Sanguinetti got last year

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I'd guess Gaunce is just insurance for the road trip with Higgins coming back soon. Cracknell has played well. I don't see him sitting first.

Biega on the other hand should have a great chance to slot in on the bottom pair.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'd guess Gaunce is just insurance for the road trip with Higgins coming back soon. Cracknell has played well. I don't see him sitting first.

Biega on the other hand should have a great chance to slot in on the bottom pair.

We lost a LWer. Cracknell is a C who is a RHS. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Gaunce in the lineup over Cracknell.

Question is, does Gaunce come in over McCann?

Whale

Jul 29, 2006
Victoria
I expect that we will see Gaunce at some point, the rotation system has been a good thing for us this year, I think it's helped the young players to adjust and keep their heads straight.

Gaunce will score, he always scores. He reminds me of Trevor Linden that way. Never a big time scorer, but never had any slumps, 30 a season year after year, before the trade anyways :)

Biega has been a little beast down in Utica, every highlight he's moving 90 miles an hour. I hope he sees a game, looks like another upvote for Benning.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Hope Biega gets a game or two. I haven't seen an NHLer when he's played, but then I haven't really focused on him. Even his preseason, save the SJ game I felt has been over rated. Always seems like a poor man's Weber without the little bit of chippiness Weber brings. But he's certainly got a booster club so I'm looking forward to really focusing on him and seeing what I've been missing.

A bit surprised it's Gaunce, just because reading the Utica thread it doesn't sound like he's necessarily been the best forward. Not sure he'll get a game, but good to see even more youth getting their feet wet.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
WOOO! My lookalike Gaunce has been called up. I've been impressed with Gaunce the past 2 years, I hope he can play a game or two.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Gaunce is tracking to be a decent bottom sixer. Not what you want out of a first rounder, but given our track record it's better than nothing. He is still a useful player, just not on the level of Horvat/McCann and our blue chippers.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Gaunce is tracking to be a decent bottom sixer. Not what you want out of a first rounder, but given our track record it's better than nothing. He is still a useful player, just not on the level of Horvat/McCann and our blue chippers.

Ehh, I don't think there's anything wrong with getting a decent bottom sixer out of a late first rounder. Pretty sure it's only like 20% of late first rounders who actually become everyday players (don't quote me on this).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad