Pre-Game Talk: Canucks@Oilers Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Wouldn’t trust Miller at centre, excellent player but routinely makes boneheaded plays.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Wouldn’t trust Miller at centre, excellent player but routinely makes boneheaded plays.
upload_2021-10-12_8-54-4.png

Reactions: Grub

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
LEAVE HOGLANDER WITH BO!

Hell, Hoglander - Horvat - Boeser should be a line. They work extremely well together and it keeps Boeser's feet moving.

Miller - Pettersson - Garland should be the other line. The bottom six is a mess no matter how you configure it.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Garland looks to be getting the favouritism over Hog at this point...Garland has looked 'ok' this pre season, not outstanding..Hog plays his style, he's been consistently effective..imo.

Reactions: Jimnastic

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I'd take Miller at C over Dickinson, Highmore, Sutter, Dowling. He's also strong in the FO circle.

Canucks biggest hole offensively is a good offensive 3rd line centre.

3rd line centre depth chart:
?

4th line centre depth chart:
1. Dickinson
2. Sutter
3. Petan
4. Highmore
5. Dowling
6. Lammikko

Petan & Highmore are better suited as wingers, the team really lacks a playmaking 3rd line centre. Instead of signing Dickinson and resigning Sutter, Canucks should’ve signed a more offensively talented 3rd line Centre with Petan/Dowling playing 4C.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I'd probably set the lines like this for the start of the season:

Miller - Pettersson - Garland
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Chiasson - Dickinson - Petan
Highmore - Lammikko - Podkolzin
Dowling

And when Boeser's healthy move into something like this:
Hoglander - Horvat - Boeser
Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin
Chiasson - Lammikko - Highmore
Petan

But injuries, cold streaks, and hot streaks occur. As well as development. Maybe Podkolzin really struggles to keep up? Chiasson catches lightning in a bottle for a short period of time? Lots can happen.

Reactions: Jimnastic

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Pearson seems to be getting the favouritism. He was badly outplayed by Hoglander just last season.
Pearson seems to be on Bo's wing no matter what..it seems...I still think that the lines are going to get put in the blender throughout the first 5 games.
Speaking of Pearson, he appears to have his mobility back this pre season...

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Petan - Dickinson - Chaisson
Highmore - Dowling - Podkolzin
Lammikko

OEL - Myers
Hughes - Poolman
Rathbone - Schenn
Hunt

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Lines are gross.
Dickinson & Lammikko as centers.... they will combine for a steller 45% in the DOT.
That third line too... get ready for 65% of 5on5 play being within 30 feet of Demko.

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
This team is a disaster. Low expectations, hopefully I can be surprised. Been following this team for a long time and it's gonna be a while before this team even has a chance at the cup again

What a mess

Reactions: pomorick

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I swear to god if Green puts Chaisson in the top 6 even with Boeser injured over Hog I’ll lose it.

Well, I'd generally agree, unless we're going for more of a 3 balanced scoring lines approach...

With that being said I don't hate Hoglander on the 3rd line at all. As I said last year he is an ideal third liner on an actual contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad