Pre-Game Talk: Canucks@Oilers Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

Looks like Hoglander/Pod/Rathbone all got demoted and Green is done with the Miller at C experiment. Still no Boeser at practice which makes me think this could be a while.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Pearson and chiasson in the top 6? Lol what a time to be alive. Oh and let’s stick our two young forwards with garbage .

I think I’ve figured out why this team loves chiasson so much.
Benning and Chia are best buddies from Boston.
benning saw Chia’s son without a job and offered him a spot on the Canucks first line as a favour to his former boss.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I’m so excited to see Podkolzin on the fourth line and Chaisson on the 2nd!! Let me guess, Chaisson net front in the PP too? Have any teams ever tried that role with Chaisson before? :eyeroll:

Reactions: Indiana and bh53

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Green can't help himself

Rookie/young players have to be demoted for "vets" in the beginning of the season

Hoglander was our best forward in preseason, Rathbone was better then Hunt

Pearson and Bo are some super combination that can't be broken up (I called that signing Pearson would mean he'd never leave Bo's side)

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Chiasson literally played with 2 of the best players in the world and did not much with it.
That team then let him walk for nothing in favor of noted all stars puljujarvi, yamamoto, kassian, perlini.

So he better be a brock placeholder, but it certainly doesn't seem like it from the way the coaches have used him the entirety of camp.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Why are the lines constantly in the blender… the team has no chance to build actual chemistry with their linemates. At least JT is finally back with Petey

Reactions: Indiana

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I for one am actually excited to see Hoglander and Highmore playing together.

There is a skill mismatch, but the energy they could put out could mean magic happening.

I will not be a fan of this if that line gets 6 minutes a night, but the inclusion of Dickinson gives me hope that it will be more of a "third line role".

I'm more concerned about Podkolzin, Petan and Dowling being a typical "leftovers" line. I hate those kind of lines.

I went to school with Hunt, great guy, but those pairings look awful, Hughes and Poolman being a possible exception.

I'd love to see:

Miller-Petterson-Podkolzin
Hoglander-Horvat-Garland
Pearson-Petan-Chiasson
Highmore-Dickinson-Dowling

OEL-Poolman (depending on if McDavid and Draisaitl are on one line, I was gifted a high draft pick my pool this year, so I hope so)
Hughes-Schenn
Rathbone-Myers
Hunt-Burroughs

But that's just me, if we don't use Miller as a center, I'd want them to stack two lines with all the offensive talent we can muster to break through Edmonton's ho-hum defense.

Reactions: Ozone

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Looks like Hoglander/Pod/Rathbone all got demoted and Green is done with the Miller at C experiment. Still no Boeser at practice which makes me think this could be a while.

Man o man looks like one of my joke lineups. Hoggy on the 4th line? Schenn in over Rathbone?? :laugh:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

I don’t know what the hell Green is doing with his lines. Nor do I really understand the plan with Chiasson.

Lammikko still isn’t here, thats another body - and I don’t think we have the cap space to add anyone else at this time.

Hoglander on the fourth line? Podkolzin with Dowling and Petan? Hunt suddenly in over Rathbone?

Just bizarre.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Normally I’d question why Chiasson is still here on a PTO this late in the process but this is Jim “we ran out of time” Benning

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

I don’t know what the hell Green is doing with his lines. Nor do I really understand the plan with Chiasson.

Lammikko still isn’t here, thats another body - and I don’t think we have the cap space to add anyone else at this time.

Hoglander on the fourth line? Podkolzin with Dowling and Petan? Hunt suddenly in over Rathbone?

Just bizarre.

I seriously hope Green doesn’t do that bizzare beginning of regular season thing where rookies are scratched or barely get played for the first like 7 games. Rathbone/Pod/Hog getting this treatment would be hilarious.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Normally I’d question why Chiasson is still here on a PTO this late in the process but this is Jim “we ran out of time” Benning

Without another shoe dropping, there simply isn’t room to sign Chiasson to so much as a minimum wage deal. Unless Boeser is more injured than we realize, or the Canucks send down a waiver exempt player such as Podkolzin or Rathbone, it doesn’t work.

Also just frustrates the heck out of me that the first time we legitimately have six top six forwards, Green inexplicably dispatches Hoglander to the bottom six and has Chiasson playing on the top unit.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
I seriously hope Green doesn’t do that bizzare beginning of regular season thing where rookies are scratched or barely get played for the first like 7 games. Rathbone/Pod/Hog getting this treatment would be hilarious.

He's under pressure to win early before the road trips

Whenever Green is under pressure he goes to vets that apparently have chemistry. 2015 Calder playoffs are a prime example where borderline echl talent was put in ahead of Nhl players McCann and Hutton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad