Pre-Game Talk: Canucks@Oilers Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I have no interest in seeing Chiasson on this roster. Said it since the PTO was signed. Really don’t like this player and it’s obvious his usage will be to the detriment of this team.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Nothing makes sense right now. We sign Sutter and Hamonic from last year to fill decently important roles. Now neither are here and we looking to make more trades.
Gentlemen, we are on the titanic.

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Green has put the lines in a blender...Miller is probably back on the first line for EP's benefit...When Boeser comes back, wouldnt surprise me to see Miller back at C.

The players looked unfamiliar with each other last game..lots of blind passes, and you take it, I got it.

They've got 48 hours to figure it out.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Green has put the lines in a blender...Miller is probably back on the first line for EP's benefit...When Boeser comes back, wouldnt surprise me to see Miller back at C.

The players looked unfamiliar with each other last game..lots of blind passes, and you take it, I got it.

They've got 48 hours to figure it out.

Why EP's benefit? Thought he still generated the most chances with his different linemates

Based off of pre season seems like Miller needs to be with EP then the other way around. He was horrendous in the last few games

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Sucks that Sutter is a long hauler. Kind of wish Jasek or Lind was still in the organization as they would have got an extended look but hindsight is 20/20 and forward we go

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Did Jim not know he was dealing with long-haul COVID before he signed him?

Doesnt matter because there is no set time for recovery. I had a coworker who has had symptoms for over 8 months, for some people it only last a couple of weeks. Even then Sutters cap hit and contract wouldnt have been much of an issue to work around.

Reactions: Indiana

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think I’ve figured out why this team loves chiasson so much.
Benning and Chia are best buddies from Boston.
benning saw Chia’s son without a job and offered him a spot on the Canucks first line as a favour to his former boss.

How come Jim didn’t make Pettersson the highest player in the world if his best friend is Petey?

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Doesnt matter because there is no set time for recovery. I had a coworker who has had symptoms for over 8 months, for some people it only last a couple of weeks. Even then Sutters cap hit and contract wouldnt have been much of an issue to work around.
What do you mean it doesn’t matter? Sutter struggled with fitness before this. In fact, not knowing how this is going to affect him long term should mean you stay even more clear of signing him. You don’t sign your 4th line center hoping he’s gonna be fit but have no idea.

In terms of Sutter’s health, I really hope he’s ok long term. I don’t even care about his hockey career; I just hope he gets back to full health for his personal life.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
I don't think I've been more apathetic before a Canucks season.

Something about last season fundamentally broke my fandom of the Canucks.

I didn't even dislike this off-season much (by Benning standards), yet I'm feeling no hype right now (more hyped for the NHL returning). I don't know how to put it into words.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
So boeser is actually month to month? And Hamonic will not report to the AHL and has demanded a trade?

elias was day to day last season and we know how that turned out.

The communication is seriously lacking in this organization
Benning thinks when people say Tik Tok, they are referring to a clock.

“Unfortunately, we ran out of time”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad