Rumor: Canucks offered 1st, 2nd, Sutter, Virtanen for OEL

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
And the offer still sucks. Wouldn't take it today. Why is that so hard to understand? And I'm not an OEL fan.

Oh boy. You’re in for a treat when OEL gets traded this Summer, if there are any takers. He was awful this year and he’s got six more years left.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Big, physical, defensive. Not going to contribute offensively. Definitely not the guy that's going to have much value. Type of guy coaches love because he battles pretty hard. He's a fourth liner through and through.

From a somewhat outsider point of view, I don't see the appeal in that deal for Arizona. I'd guess that poster is just happy with simply being out from OEL's contract, rather than focused on actually getting much in return.
Canucks could use a player like that. Might even put him on our 3rd line, since our bottom 6 is so terrible.

If the Canucks trade for OEL, I’m guessing it will be something along the lines of that trade. We could throw in another ok prospect like Palmu or a late pick, but that’s about it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Canucks could use a player like that. Might even put him on our 3rd line, since our bottom 6 is so terrible.

If the Canucks trade for OEL, I’m guessing it will be something along the lines of that trade. We could throw in another ok prospect like Palmu or a late pick, but that’s about it.
As long as it’s after signing bonuses have been paid, I’d be okay with OEL, Fischer and Capobianco for Myers, Eriksson, Motte, and Juolevi.

Reactions: elitepete

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
You would not accept 9th overall 40 th overall and Jake Virtanen for OEL?
First of all, we didn't know it was a top 10 pick at the time. I'm sure there would have been protections on it. Second, I don't expect many to know shit about the Coyotes but there have been enough bad PR incidents the last year to keep them from going after anybody controversial so no way they trade for Virtanen. Take him out and now that we KNOW the pick is a top 10, sure I'd move him and sign Hamilton for the same money. But we know they wouldn't send those two picks back without bad contracts which is why looking back on this trade and laughing at it is as moronic as the poster who brought it back. We've been in a perpetual rebuild for a decade. We need an asset/assets back for OEL that can help us now. If we can't use the cap space because of bad contracts, we're shittier than we were this year. No thanks. I've seen enough bad hockey.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
How Many times must Benning be saved from himself before he completely cripples the Franchise for an even more significant period of time? This man is a menace!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad