Speculation: Canucks next Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
its the coach after the next coach that's important

just as long as the next one doesnt completely ruin whatever talent we may be brewing, i guess

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Nobody saw this coming. The Canucks are such masters of surprise and definitely don't telegraph their every move.

"We are going to do our due diligence before hiring Trav..err the next coach".

"We want Trav...err the new coach to be able to grow with the player and team. Trav..err the new coach has demonstrated I mean will have to have demonstrated this."

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Predictably Tony G is turning two-thumbs down on hiring Green....he just loves Crawford and the Gillis era too much I guess....but really, it was either offer the job to Green or lose him entirely to another organization.

And I can safely make one prediction....there's no way the Canucks will be as bad on special teams or in third periods next year under Green.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Tony G rightly blames Benning and Linden for the team's troubles. He was one of the first to articulate how poorly their execution has been.

But he's also wrong in many respects, chief among them thinking that Shinkaruk was a future 1st liner and similarly for Jensen.

I think Crawford was an overrated coach when he was here, and I'm not sure if he's HC material in today's league. He would have been popular but he's never been able to coach any kind of defensive scheme from what I remember.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Tony G rightly blames Benning and Linden for the team's troubles. He was one of the first to articulate how poorly their execution has been.

But he's also wrong in many respects, chief among them thinking that Shinkaruk was a future 1st liner and similarly for Jensen.

I think Crawford was an overrated coach when he was here, and I'm not sure if he's HC material in today's league. He would have been popular but he's never been able to coach any kind of defensive scheme from what I remember.

Is this the same Tony G who thought AV was a clueless coach..?..,and campaigned in all his Province blogs that he was the worst possible coach the Canucks could have?...

I think Tony G is pretty witty,and good for a laugh..,but I take most of what he says with a grain of salt..His opinion these days is becoming somewhat irrelevant now that he's retired.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Think we can now close this and move the discussion to the other multiple threads on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad