Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | Winter is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
What the f*** are you signifying to the players if you trade Garland for Barrie? "Hey guys, we don't really care about this season or the strong start you've had. We'd rather trade for an absolutely worthless player to free up some caps pace in the future."

Reactions: sandwichbird2023

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Did you read the part where we sign Bear and play him in Myers spot?

Read the rest. Bear would be taking Myers spot in the lineup.
You’re still putting a redundant piece on the roster in Barrie….Also, you can’t just instantaneously swap out Bear for Myers because Bear is probably going to need a substantial period to get back up to speed

A redundant PMD who can’t play D, and a guy that’s missed half a season through injury is not a recipe for success.

Reactions: calnuck

dez

Mar 3, 2012

Very very curious who shakes free on the Kraken.

UFA:
Eberle (16-NTC)5.5m
Wennberg (10-NTC) 4.5m
Bellemare 0.775m
Schultz (10-NTC) 3.0m

Signed for 24/25:
Gourde (23-NTC) 5.16m
Tanev (10-NTC) 3.5m
Larsson (10-NTC) 4.0m
Dumoulin (10-NTC) 3.15m
Borgen 2.7m
Daccord 1.2m

So many NTCs to content with. I would give up a lot to get Larsson.

I'd take Gourde and Larsen, cost would be high depending on how Seattle view these guys.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I'd take Gourde and Larsen, cost would be high depending on how Seattle view these guys.

Yup. It’ll be very very interesting to see what Francis does. He has elan extremely limited trade history in Seattle and we have no idea if he’ll pivot back to rebuilding, retool, or just stay the course.

I imagine he’ll sell off his UFAs at least.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Honestly, I think moving Myers for Bear is a lateral move, at best.

Yeah...but that frees up 5 million in cap space which is why it helps.

So many NTCs to content with. I would give up a lot to get Larsson.

Would you rather spend the assets involved in a potential deal on Buchnevich or Larsson in the hypothetical scenario where both are available?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Would you rather spend the assets involved in a potential deal on Buchnevich or Larsson in the hypothetical scenario where both are available?

Larsson and not even close. Big right-shot defensive stalwart that stabilizes a pairing and commands a PK while coming at only 4m.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Larsson and not even close. Big right-shot defensive stalwart that stabilizes a pairing and commands a PK while coming at only 4m.

Buch is definitely a need instead of a want... but I think he would (also) be such an excellent fit that it's a touch choice for me. I guess Larsson's contract (both AAV and term) makes him the better option. I wonder if Vancouver is on his NTC list...

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
If Nylander hits UFA, which I doubt will happen, yes I'm in favor of the Canucks making the godfather offer there.

Reinhart and Teravainen ... eh, I think both guys are at a danger age and will probably get very poor contracts.

If we're winger shopping on July 1st I'm shopping in the bargain basement: Anthony Mantha, David Perron, Kasperi Kapanen, Vladimir Tarasenko. I'd also keep an eye on qualifying offers to Dillon Dube, Luke Kunin, Owen Tippet, Alexander Texier, Michael Rasmussen, Isac Lundestrom, and Kaapo Kakko.
Toronto is a team in transition, no cap space, have been bleeding depth, they continually mortgaged the future and have a depth of picks and now Nylander is setting the world on fire. Him and Petey would be in the Sedin twins and West Coast Express level of high quality first lines. I don’t see how they can sign him, unless they trade Marner. They also need to tear down the defence and rebuild it. Dubas really left them in a tough spot and got a promotion for doing it.

Not sure we can get Nylander, but it’s worth making the play and moving Kuz or Boeser to do it.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The framing of that sound bite has me a bit worried

Not sure there's much more to worry about than there's been since the summer. It's perhaps becoming a bit more clear he's not interested in negotiations until the offseason (the team just came off one of the best starts ever ... so I don't know what could conceivably happen to have him engage at this point), but it's been pretty static for quite a while now. Not much new.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Not sure there's much more to worry about than there's been since the summer. It's perhaps becoming a bit more clear he's not interested in negotiations until the offseason (the team just came off one of the best starts ever ... so I don't know what could conceivably happen to have him engage at this point), but it's been pretty static for quite a while now. Not much new.
Yep.. nothing has changed since july ended and no extension

At this point his performance imo is basically just deciding an extra 750k

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Buch is definitely a need instead of a want... but I think he would (also) be such an excellent fit that it's a touch choice for me. I guess Larsson's contract (both AAV and term) makes him the better option. I wonder if Vancouver is on his NTC list...

Canucks have 8 forwards signed through next season (plus Pettersson) and only three defencemen (plus Hronek...and one of those three is Juulsen). Spend the assets to get the RD now instead of trying in the off-season and get one of the inevitable top-6 rentals at the deadline this season.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Toronto is a team in transition, no cap space, have been bleeding depth, they continually mortgaged the future and have a depth of picks and now Nylander is setting the world on fire. Him and Petey would be in the Sedin twins and West Coast Express level of high quality first lines. I don’t see how they can sign him, unless they trade Marner. They also need to tear down the defence and rebuild it. Dubas really left them in a tough spot and got a promotion for doing it.

Not sure we can get Nylander, but it’s worth making the play and moving Kuz or Boeser to do it.

Toronto can easily sign Nylander. They have like $30M in cap space next season, and the only player due any kind of raise is Liljegren. They'll have to be efficient depth for a year so, but next summer Tavares is off the books.

I'll be shocked if Nylander hits free agency.

Feb 19, 2018
You’re still putting a redundant piece on the roster in Barrie….Also, you can’t just instantaneously swap out Bear for Myers because Bear is probably going to need a substantial period to get back up to speed

A redundant PMD who can’t play D, and a guy that’s missed half a season through injury is not a recipe for success.
Barrie would be our 7th Dman and not on the roster as Bear would be the real prize replacing Myers. It’s the $1.5 million saved between Myers $6 million and Barrie $4.5 that would allow us to sign Bear for $1.5

A big, shutbdown dman.

Larsson
Cernak
Tanev (Not big)
We don’t have the Cap Space. Once Soucy comes back from LRIR and with Zadorov now we won’t even have money for a call up.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I dont get the barrie stuff all of a sudden.. then bear.. juulsen still here

Might as well just play a 4-1 rotating scheme

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Are they in transition..?..Matthews,Marner, Nylander are all prime aged elite players, and these guys are going to be a gift that keeps giving in Toronto for some years yet...They're not going anywhere..imo.

I think that they're going to be a better playoff team this year.....although they may regress as a regular season standout.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I wonder if the Blackhawks would be interested in a Garland for Murphy swap?

Bedard needs some wingers, Canucks get their RD. Move Myers at the deadline and sign Bear

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy- Murphy
Zadorov- Cole
Bear

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3