Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | Winter is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Let’s kick this thread off with some really creative proposals I’ll go first
Podkolzin for Kent Johnson change of scenery trade
Rasmus Anderson for Hoglander and a really good prospect ( not Willander, Lekk or Hunter ) and a good depth piece like Bains or Karlsson?
Beauvillier take him off our hands trade and sign Bear
Stare Vegas in the eye and trade 1st round picks with each other cause we are coming for them and we are gonna finish higher.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Pettersson at 50% for Johnson, Juricek, Mateychuk
don't know about the trade but mateychuk wins the hockey db player photo stare of the week.,

denton-mateychuk-2024-2330.jpg

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
If Seattle's season continues to trend down, Adam Larsson might be a decent guy to target. I would put the 1st round pick + Beauvillier + prospect on the table.

Rasmus Andersson would be awesome, but probably overkill IMO.....he'd be the third defender in line for PP time. We'd have to pay too much to acquire for how he'd be deployed, and we'd never be able to afford him, Hughes and Hronek.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Let’s kick this thread off with some really creative proposals I’ll go first
Podkolzin for Kent Johnson change of scenery trade
Rasmus Anderson for Hoglander and a really good prospect ( not Willander, Lekk or Hunter ) and a good depth piece like Bains or Karlsson?
Beauvillier take him off our hands trade and sign Bear
Stare Vegas in the eye and trade 1st round picks with each other cause we are coming for them and we are gonna finish higher.

andersson is a top pair rhd paid like a 4d for the next three years. he's every contender's wet dream and would fetch a king's ransom. plus even calgary is not dumb enough to trade him.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
If Seattle's season continues to trend down, Adam Larsson might be a decent guy to target. I would put the 1st round pick + Beauvillier + prospect on the table.

Rasmus Andersson would be awesome, but probably overkill IMO.....he'd be the third defender in line for PP time. We'd have to pay too much to acquire for how he'd be deployed, and we'd never be able to afford him, Hughes and Hronek.
i'd be in for larsson if they make him available but he was kind of a foundational signing for them and has made the jump to credible top pair dman there so would they tear it down that far? he's also way underpaid and he and oleksiak provide a lot of the physicality that forms that team's identity. so i doubt they move him.

realistically, we need to look at guys current playing 4/5 with room to grow, not top pair.

i am a debbie downer today

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Calgary is supposedly unwilling to trade with the Canucks.

Read, refusing to help make a Divisional rival a potential Cup contender.

Good for them but they should probably be trying to get off their diminishing assets to whomever will take them.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I guess I was valuing Anderson as a #3 defenseman on this team, I mean if he ends up costing more it’s still the target however a 1st and our top prospect is a steep price, looking at the value you get for top prospect and 1st picks your getting into some serious returns….. I don’t know if Anderson is THAT good, maybe it’s his contract that increases his overall trade value

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Pettersson at 50% for Johnson, Juricek, Mateychuk
That would be a fantastic trade for the Canucks.
Elias Pettersson, the defenceman.
In a heart beat! :)

Rasmus Anderson
Somewhere I thought I read that he was the result of a Vancouver pick that was traded away.
Okay I found it, we got Baerstchi, they drafted Anderson.
Another lost pick by Benning.

Last edited:

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver

Good for them but they should probably be trying to get off their diminishing assets to whomever will take them.

Lmao ok shoot yourselves in the feet then Calgary.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I guess I was valuing Anderson as a #3 defenseman on this team, I mean if he ends up costing more it’s still the target however a 1st and our top prospect is a steep price, looking at the value you get for top prospect and 1st picks your getting into some serious returns….. I don’t know if Anderson is THAT good, maybe it’s his contract that increases his overall trade value
This is what I was basing the trade value off of. Andersson signed for two more seasons at $4.5M would help fill out depth compared to say, signing Hanifin/Pesce at $6.5M-7.5M.

That said, trading for him(or a similar move) would be going all-in on these next few seasons.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

There are plenty of younger large dmen availble from the east, some have more experience than others, some buried behind a solid defence or more experienced group, some with teams with big cap issues. Bigger than the Canucks.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
he's a legit all situations top pair defender that shoots right, just turned 27 and signed to sweet heart deal (better than Edler's second contract with us in 2008).

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
That would be a fantastic trade for the Canucks.
Elias Pettersson, the defenceman.
In a heart beat! :)

Somewhere I thought I read that he was the result of a Vancouver pick that was traded away.

He was picked with the 2nd that was traded for Baertschi. Never should of taken a 2nd. He was in his last year not needing waivers, and played mostly in the AHL that year.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
He was picked with the 2nd that was traded for Baertschi. Never should of taken a 2nd. He was in his last year not needing waivers, and played mostly in the AHL that year.
Baertschi was also involved with another 2nd round pick going to Calgary, Rasmus Anderson.
Hopefully Elias turns out as well.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
who you got your eye on?
A few;

Peeke
Pesce
Schnieder
Boqvist
Barron
Vlasic
Bahl
Stanley
Kovacevic

I am trying to concentrate on dmen larger than league average and under 26.

There are quite a few actually but not all would be easy to trade for but some would be an upgrade or depth. Playoff size guys.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Peeke was -41 last year and is a healthy scratch now.

I doubt he could help any team do anything but tank.

Pesce would be ideal and Carolina is supposedly looking for a forward..

Barron is interesting and probably attainable.

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyWooot and dez

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
A few;

Peeke
Pesce
Schnieder
Boqvist
Barron
Vlasic
Bahl
Stanley
Kovacevic

I am trying to concentrate on dmen larger than league average and under 26.

There are quite a few actually but not all would be easy to trade for but some would be an upgrade or depth. Playoff size guys.
Vlasic? wtf

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Regardless of appetite, they don't need to trade within the division ... Edmonton is also apparently interested. There will be enough demand to trade most of these pieces back east and not break a sweat.

The biggest issue for the Canucks is that they don't have a lot of trade pieces and need to do some pretty specific things to accommodate salary. I'm just not convinced a trade will be available to them, even if they're extremely motivated to do something.

Reactions: Hodgy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad