Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | Is it September yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I don’t expect them to fix everything, but they themselves scoffed at the notion of this being years away and gave a two year timeline.

Their Hronek move and OEL buyout means this team needs to be a playoff team for the next two seasons. To guarantee themselves (within reason), they need to make some pretty significant moves over the summer. A majority of significant movement happens over this week and the following two weeks.

It’s just that simple. They have set the bar for themselves. Fans can’t be blamed for actively evaluating them as things go on based on the bar they set.
Yeah and this is the start of year 2 no? I mean we are seeing doomsday talk 2 days before the draft.

I welcome this talk if this is week 2 in July but right now? You can’t say you don’t expect them to fix everything while bitching about it a day or two before draft that they haven’t done enough.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Yeah and this is the start of year 2 no? I mean we are seeing doomsday talk 2 days before the draft.

I welcome this talk if this is week 2 in July but right now? You can’t say you don’t expect them to fix everything while bitching about it a day or two before draft that they haven’t done enough.
I think that’s when you get into the semantics aspect.

I think back to Rutherford in Dec 2021 saying two years. This will be the second offseason, and that’s when a majority of movement happens. Like they’ll have had two full cycles of TDL/DRAFT/FA

sewellda

Feb 9, 2010
Vancouver
Quinn Hughes - Scott Mayfield
Carson Soucy - Filip Hronek
Whomever or Ian Cole - Tyler Myers

Extras: Hirose, McWard, Juulsen, Wolanin, Rathbone, Woo

Shouldn't be too expensive....

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I think that’s when you get into the semantics aspect.

I think back to Rutherford in Dec 2021 saying two years. This will be the second offseason, and that’s when a majority of movement happens. Like they’ll have had two full cycles of TDL/DRAFT/FA
SCF ended 2 weeks ago and we are like 2 weeks into the 2nd off season.

Like I said, if this was 2 weeks into July and nothing happened I am totally onboard with the concerns but it’s June 28th right now.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Besides Cole's off-ice concerns... that would be a vast improvement to our on-ice defense and bottom-six depth without breaking the bank.
It would probably cost close to 10 million total and 3 years of commitment.

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
If Nashville who has constantly turns out dmen does not like what they see in foote, that's a big red flag. I'm guessing we will give him a multi year deal

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I'm thinking the Canucks move Hoglander tomorrow for a defensemen. we are gonna get Peeke and then sign Soucy

Hughes Soucy
Hronek Peeke
Hirose Wolanin/Myers

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hoping to see some movement with our wingers tomorrow. If nobody wants the expensive guys, maybe pivot to acquiring some draft capital or different positional prospects for Hoglander/Podkolzin.

Reactions: Vector and David71

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Hoping to see some movement with our wingers tomorrow. If nobody wants the expensive guys, maybe pivot to acquiring some draft capital or different positional prospects for Hoglander/Podkolzin.
I still would like to think that Garland, Boeser and Beauvillier could be worth something. But I'm probably wrong.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
No more Euros, no more Americans. No team in history has won the Cup with a team with so few Canadian hockey players on its roster. Why are the Canucks trying to be a team with zero Canadian players? We have Beauvillier who will be traded this season and the other 3 Canadians on our team are AHLers. It's ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: aregora

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks Army reporting via Rick Dhaliwal that Vancouver is one of a number of teams interested in Miles Wood, the impending Jersey Devils UFA forward. Still only 27 and coming off a 13-goal season.

And I see the Oilers are rumored to be cutting adrift Klim Kostin. I thought he looked decent for Edmonton in the playoffs.

Any interest from the Canucks in either guy? They might both come cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad