Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | All in Allvin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
3rd + 5th is cheap but accommodating his caphit is the issue as it was for the Flames. Canucks are also in no position to retain or take on salary. And no, I don't think any of those three would improve the team considering the unique skillset Zadorov brings.

Timing would be the most important factor.

Does Zadarov's unique skillset make him a better player than Soucy/Cole right now? IMO, no. That's the impetus for a move. He's still value for his deal, so the Canucks are unlikely to have to retain.

I think we would have naturally come to this conclusion sooner if Soucy had remained in the line-up.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Anyways, I’ve extensively posted about myers/cole/zad/kuz/mikh recently.

I think they need more speed up front. I don’t particularly care where in the lineup it is, but there isn’t enough burners up front.. and Tocchet likes burners.

Like you have Lafferty and that’s really it.

I’d probably have Blueger in and around that area actually tbh

And I think in the last week, my mindset on who they should prioritize to re-sign in the bottom six has shifted towards Lafferty because of the fact we have ZERO speed.

If they want to go out and grab a big time F who can drive play at ES and has special teams utility, ok, do it. We need that 100%.

But we need more speed. I wonder if there’s a buy low opportunity on someone who’s got that speed. Even if it’s another Lafferty who’s ideally playing 3rd line minutes.. come playoff time, I just think having another guy like that to shove on a top six line would probably help the team a lot

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

I think they need more speed up front. I don’t particularly care where in the lineup it is, but there isn’t enough burners up front.. and Tocchet likes burners.

And I think in the last week, my mindset on who they should prioritize to re-sign in the bottom six has shifted towards Lafferty because of the fact we have ZERO speed.

If they want to go out and grab a big time F who can drive play at ES and has special teams utility, ok, do it. We need that 100%.

But we need more speed. I wonder if there’s a buy low opportunity on someone who’s got that speed. Even if it’s another Lafferty who’s ideally playing 3rd line minutes.. come playoff time, I just think having another guy like that to shove on a top six line would probably help the team a lot
Konecny for our top 6 would be so nice. Yanni Gourde on steroids

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Just looking around the league, it’s clear that to consistently be a contender in the cap era you have to be comfortable with moving on from role/depth players who are due for raises after they've provided surplus value relative to their cap hits. You simply can’t get attached to non-core players.

The other alternative you can do is what Vegas does and convinces them to re-sign by offering longer term in exchange for a solid cap hit.

Otherwise you move on and try to find your next Lafferty, Blueger, Joshua, etc via internal ahl promotion, UFA’s, trades or waivers.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Kuzmenko+Zadarov together make the same as Crosby!
1706663174622.gif

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017

Anthony duclair perhaps? Seems like a buy low option that shouldn't cost more than 4th round pick with retainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad