Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | All in Allvin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
We've had it pretty good on the injury front this year, but this still sucks.

Do they LTIR him, maybe until the playoffs?

Given this is the Canucks, we'll have almost no information about the injury or the reality of the timeline. I could definitely see this as a way to generate capsapce to make a trade early without giving up Kuzmenko then, if they can't right that ship, use Kuzmenko as a salary offset.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Given this is the Canucks, we'll have almost no information about the injury or the reality of the timeline. I could definitely see this as a way to generate capsapce to make a trade early without giving up Kuzmenko then, if they can't right that ship, use Kuzmenko as a salary offset.
Carson Salo to LTIR!

Reactions: ddawg1950

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
What would Tampa Bay do in this situation…. LTIR Soucy till playoffs that’s it.

Reactions: Bgav

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I've never done drugs.

I don't drink very often.

My only real vices are coffee and sweets.

But Jesus I feeling like a junky just waiting for another deal to be made.

I’m killing my damn phone battery from constantly pulling up Twitter. So far the only stew Allvin has cooked is rain.

• Haha
Reactions: vanarchy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see Eklund over at Hockey Buzz is at it again.....claims the Canucks are on the verge of a major deal, with their first rounder and a prospect as the basic building block for a deal.

Of course considering the source, this almost assures that nothing will happen.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I see Eklund over at Hockey Buzz is at it again.....claims the Canucks are on the verge of a major deal, with their first rounder and a prospect as the basic building block for a deal.

Didn't even know Eklund was still around

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

So he saw JR's presser and essentially just repeated what he said.

Sounds about right.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
We are told the Canucks cannot use LTIR space to acquire replacements when Soucy (cap hit 3.25M) is on the LTIR ( until the playoffs).

Next we will be told that Calgary cannot retain 50% on both Tanev and Lindholm making their total Cap hit 4.7M when they are acquired for a 1st round draft choice and cap fillers Friedman and Karlsson (1.6M), making the deal entirely possible.

Next we will be told that other teams don't already have:

PROJECTED CAP HIT : of $97,194,896 See Toronto.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
womp womp
Defenseman incoming.

Hughes-Hronek
Zadorov-Myers
Cole-Juulsen

Any further injuries, you are relying on AHL tweeners. Guentzel? Better learn how to speak defense buddy.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
We are told the Canucks cannot use LTIR space to acquire replacements when Soucy (cap hit 3.25M) is on the LTIR ( until the playoffs).

Next we will be told that Calgary cannot retain 50% on both Tanev and Lindholm making their total Cap hit 4.7M when they are acquired for a 1st round draft choice and cap fillers Friedman and Karlsson (1.6M), making the deal entirely possible.

Next we will be told that other teams don't already have:

PROJECTED CAP HIT : of $97,194,896 See Toronto.

It's why he Soucy would have to be on LTIR until the playoffs. But pretty sure the NHL would be looking at that long and hard.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's why he Soucy would have to be on LTIR until the playoffs. But pretty sure the NHL would be looking at that long and hard.
Who knows what the LTIR rules are any more? I see Ryan Reeves is quoted today as being frustrated at being scratched by the Leafs, even though he's healthy but still stashed on LTIR.

I know that by the time we get to the March 10th trade deadline, we're basically into the last month of the season and the 'cap hit' for a lot of these guys sinks dramatically. So if a guy is earning $5m a season, the cap hit is basically only a month's worth of salary.

And of course once we hit the playoffs, there are no salary cap rules. So Tampa, among other teams, have been playing fast and loose with the LTIR rules for years. They acquire a guy, then stash him on LTIR, until the playoffs begin. It's rapidly becoming an 'under the table, taxi squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad