Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | Aggressive Allvin and Trader Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Our 1st could very well be 30th overall considering we are in the running for presidents trophy. I don’t care about it one single bit

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Wow, this whole season is going to plan.

They can now put Soucy on LTIR and gain Cap space to acquire players for just picks:

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
One million cheaper than Kuzmenko, we get cheaper and we do get better I think, Saad is a solid player. But there is a risk, and Kuzmenko could still turn it around. Also, the dead cap space with OEL, are we screwed ? Or do you think Allvin and co will make it work
I think they'll find a deal to trade Kuzmenko as the money piece/roster player in a deal that brings us back a player on an expiring deal who fits better. There will be a GM somewhere who is retooling and doesn't want to sell a soon to be UFA in a deal that only brings back futures. I mentioned Calgary as a potential landing spot as they recently inked Coleman, Huberdeau and Kadri to LTD, Markstrom, and Andersson are signed for another 2 years and they lost JG for nothing a couple years ago. If Lindholm won't extend, they are going to move him and may see Kuzmenko as decent reclamation project.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Man that I never knew that OEL buyout penalty was as bad as it is.

4.7 million in dead cap space in 2026 and 2027.

This year may be our only shot.. I'd go in on Guentzel, f*** it
This is very likely the best chance they'll have at a Cup during the remainder of the Hughes/Demko contracts.

That's why I'm open to being very aggressive and/or acquiring rentals.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
This is very likely the best chance they'll have at a Cup during the remainder of the Hughes/Demko contracts.

That's why I'm open to being very aggressive and/or acquiring rentals.
Who’s your dream target(s)? Your insights are thoughtful and I enjoy reading them.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Who’s your dream target(s)? Your insights are thoughtful and I enjoy reading them.
Appreciate that Coffee.

My dream target would be dealing whatever it takes (except Willander) to get Boone Jenner. A perfect positional fit, style fit, and locked in at a good cap hit. I don't think he's really at all available for trade though.

I was pretty much the one who started the Mittelstadt chatter here, so I'll stick with him as 2C option I like. I don't know what's going on with STL, but if they went for a deeper retool I'd be all-in on Buchnevich.

I wouldn't mind Lindholm or Guentzel as rentals only, if Allvin pays a rental price.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
One million cheaper than Kuzmenko, we get cheaper and we do get better I think, Saad is a solid player. But there is a risk, and Kuzmenko could still turn it around. Also, the dead cap space with OEL, are we screwed ? Or do you think Allvin and co will make it work
Ah I see being a Canucks fan is on your schedule today. What team will you be cheering for tomorrow

• Wow
Reactions: Play

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
When are these cowards gonna trade for hidden gem Gage Goncalves that's what I wanna know.

Kuzmenko will turn at around by the playoffs come around no copium/hopium.
Goncalves would be a nice add but not sure if he's much if any upgrade on Bains except that he can play C. Might be that AAAA player who isn't a top6 and not a defensive stalwart....remains to be seen but as a local guy would love to see a way we could get him cheap and add him to the system.

Agree on Kuzmenko people need to calm the F down every time we have a player struggle it's time to ship him out and get nothing in return because OMG cap space and he's not adding up to his AAV. Garland sucked last year and look at him now same with Boeser. Confidence and chemistry can fluff or more easily erode production.

Not saying he will ever be a Tocchet favorite or playing the last 10min much in a 1 goal game but he can still be a valuable top6 piece with some steps in his off puck game and regaining confidence. Looked better last game and it would be smart to revisit him and Pettersson before we abandon ship at the least

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so does anyone know where you can find stats on ozone possession by team, especially broken down by es and tracking score effect with leading/tied/trailing?

i've been thinking about how much the team shooting percentage controversy may be driven by the team playing so much sedin keepaway rotating the puck in the ozone with help from hughes et al and not forcing the play. i suspect we have very good ozone possession stats but we may be last in the league in shots and shot attempts/60 of ozone possession with the score tied or trailing.

the number of times we have imposed involuntary two minute shifts on defenders/60 at es this season would also be a good stat to track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad