Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | Aggressive Allvin and Trader Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
@Lou Skunt

from the closed trade rumors thread:
Again, it’s not a fit for a team that scores a lot and doesn’t have an open spot on pp1 but has a poor pk and no true shutdown line. I have no comments on the quality of the player, just on our current need.

i wanted to ask what your definition of a shutdown is, or your interpretation of what you want to see?

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
EP 12pts in last 4 games. Now management sees he just needed better linemates. But as great as the lotto line is, 1 line team is not enough in playoffs. Time to get legit top 6 winger/centre Alllvin. Make it happen

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
EP 12pts in last 4 games. Now management sees he just needed better linemates. But as great as the lotto line is, 1 line team is not enough in playoffs. Time to get legit top 6 winger/centre Alllvin. Make it happen
Konecny! Konecny! Konecny! Konecny!

Reactions: Sonny A

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Zadorov the low minute man.

Again, guy reportedly wanted a 6-7 year deal in Calgary. Agent is trying to prop him up as a top four D. But Tocchet prefers Soucy.

Wonder if Zadorov makes it through the season or if he ends up being the fall guy.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Again, guy reportedly wanted a 6-7 year deal in Calgary. Agent is trying to prop him up as a top four D. But Tocchet prefers Soucy.

Wonder if Zadorov makes it through the season or if he ends up being the fall guy.
The rise and fall of Canucks AGM Dan Milstein.
Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Zadorov lol

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Perry and Kessel are my guesses.

Kuz out, Aman the 13th forward.

Profit.

Neither more the needle for us whatsoever. Kessel is a fun cardio ice who might score once in a while but there's a good reason he sat out the entire playoffs for Vegas.

Meanwhile, Perry can still go but he's not an exciting addition by any means. And while I'm not the superstitious type, it's a little too foreboding every team he's played on except Chicago got to the finals only to lose.

Reactions: Szechwan

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Meanwhile, Perry can still go but he's not an exciting addition by any means. And while I'm not the superstitious type, it's a little too foreboding every team he's played on except Chicago got to the finals only to lose.

I mean, he did win the Cup once, when he played on another west coast team...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

I wouldn't necessarily be against term if he stays under 4M. The fact he's rumoured to want 4-5M with that kind of length is downright laughable. I'd rather have Myers at 3M if that's what Zadorov wants, and I don't even want him.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
If we are going to take a big swing for a player I'd see if STL would be willing to move kyrou, granted it would take some big pieces to get him and his price tag is high. But 8mil in a couple years is going to be a steal for a player like him. This is based on him being a center though, not sure if that's what he plays in STL.

Would probably have to be 1st, lekkarimaki, Kuzmenko and someone else for cap id imagine

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
If we are going to take a big swing for a player I'd see if STL would be willing to move kyrou, granted it would take some big pieces to get him and his price tag is high. But 8mil in a couple years is going to be a steal for a player like him. This is based on him being a center though, not sure if that's what he plays in STL.

Would probably have to be 1st, lekkarimaki, Kuzmenko and someone else for cap id imagine

I don't see how we fit that 8.125M salary now or over the next few seasons.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
@Lou Skunt

from the closed trade rumors thread:
Again, it’s not a fit for a team that scores a lot and doesn’t have an open spot on pp1 but has a poor pk and no true shutdown line. I have no comments on the quality of the player, just on our current need.

i wanted to ask what your definition of a shutdown is, or your interpretation of what you want to see?
Holy f***. It's an honor, Mr. Skunt.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Monahan would be a great addition as a depth C, as in someone to take Aman's minutes. Not as our primary offensive upgrade.

No clue what he'll cost, sounds like MTL is doing him a solid and letting him choose the team.

Guentzel and Monahan? Heck yeah.
Just Monahan? Plz no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad