GDT: Canucks n Habs 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
If anything, they've quit on the GM. I think the bad feeling that is rather obvious in certain players is more likely due to what happened in the off-season as opposed to dissatisfaction with the coach.

Could be correct. I’d be surprised if they quit on Green. No matter what we think of his coaching the players seem to like him and they tried hard in the playoffs. Green needs to go but not for players quitting on him. At least not yet.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Empty Net, what could go wrong here lol

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Good overall effort by Canucks, putting a ton of shots on net. Hughes leading defenceman in points and breaking records is always a bonus. I think Canucks eventually start winning a string of games if they keep playing like this

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
I hate this damn dump and chase. The Canucks aren't fast enough to get in on the forecheck. It just goes in and comes out straight away.
Dump and chase is one way to beat the Canadiens tight marking transition and neutral zone game where they are really tight gaps. It does have to be executed well though to be effective, it's not so much the speed of the players and more about timing and the quality of the dump in. The Canucks are only average at it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Good overall effort by Canucks, putting a ton of shots on net. Hughes leading defenceman in points and breaking records is always a bonus. I think Canucks eventually start winning a string of games if they keep playing like this
If TSN only counted our shots quicker who knows this could be a tie game, rightT?????? :laugh:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
No idea what you’re alluding to but okay lol.

aquilini being a fan etc. Sure he’s a fan of his own team so what? He’s made 3.5 Billion. He didn’t get that money by not being a savvy business man. He cares less about the Canucks than you or I. This is just an asset for him.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Dump and chase is one way to beat the Canadiens tight marking transition and neutral zone game where they are really tight gaps. It does have to be executed well though to be effective, it's not so much the speed of the players and more about timing and the quality of the dump in. The Canucks are only average at it.
I guess I'm thinking if they had speed they could make up for the bad timing on their dump-ins but the way they do it they're never going to put enough pressure on the guys going back for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad