GDT: Canucks n Habs 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Too late folks. They expect to play for like what, 5-10 minutes with any sustained pressure? Are they f***ing clueless? No thanks.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Wishing the score was different, but at least we are in this game and playing like we give a shit.

So much this.

In the late '80's the Canucks lost a lot of games, but iirc they worked hard, many 1 goal losses. Once the talent arrived, it led to an upward spiral. Add the great trades of the early Quinn era and voila. Contention.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Too late folks. They expect to play for like what, 5-10 minutes with any sustained pressure? Are they f***ing clueless? No thanks.

when it happens game after game it’s usually not because they want to or don’t want to but simply are not able to. Typically a roster that isn’t deep enough to string shifts together for long looks like this.

Or they quit on the coach.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Hughes watching the puck too often and not paying attention to players coming in to the middle

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
when it happens game after game it’s usually not because they want to or don’t want to but simply are not able to. Typically a roster that isn’t deep enough to string shifts together for long looks like this.

Or they quit on the coach.

If anything, they've quit on the GM. I think the bad feeling that is rather obvious in certain players is more likely due to what happened in the off-season as opposed to dissatisfaction with the coach.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I hate this damn dump and chase. The Canucks aren't fast enough to get in on the forecheck. It just goes in and comes out straight away.
It would work from time to time but with a tight schedule like ours and we have to chase every time to gain the zone.
The players spent way too much energy just on chasing the puck, it’s no wonder we’re out worked in every way

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Montreal is GARBAGE were just making them look good cause were so awful. I cant wait til there bounced FIRST round in the playoffs cause there in a weak division

Reactions: Luckylarry

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Montreal doing what they did last night in the 3rd. Main aim seems to be shutting it down and defending the lead.

I always detested that when playing and then teams going into the prevent D in football, the "prevent victory" I call it.

I was a defensive coordinator for a High School football team for 26 years. No opponent would ever accuse me of trying to shut it down. I got more aggressive near the end with a decent lead. Developed the reputation of being an "8sshole". A coach from a rival team i very much respected would eventually join our staff after he retired. He said he hated playing us because he couldn't find a way to "overcome your GD Chinese fire drill blitz schemes. Don't worry about it. All football coaches are 8ssholes. Most of them just don't know it.k any football coach his opinion of other football coaches and their most common response will be, "He's an 8sshole."

I belong to a golf club on a nice little 9-hole course. My partner in 2 Sr morning leagues was a guy I coached with for many of those 26 years. He told that story years ago and from that day on every time we enter the bar someone would yell out "here comes the 8ssholes". We love it and so does everyone else. It really takes the sting out of someone getting called it for real. LOL.

There are a lot of 8ssholes in that club!

Reactions: Nucker101

cc

Feb 28, 2002
My prediction is that either toffoli or Anderson will end up with a hattrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad