GDT: Canucks n Habs 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Canucks should be motivated after last night's stinker, but still a game where their goalie is going to have to be the best player on the ice. Demko is capable of stealing a game, and he'll probably have to.

Lotto line coming off one of it's worst performances in the Green era....they should be motivated as well. But defensively, the Canucks are a bit of train-wreck right now. And the high-flying Leafs are on the horizon. Could get ugly, fast.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
After coming off what was probably one of their best games of the year on Saturday, last nights drubbing was unexpected...easily the worst game of the year for the top line..Bottom 6 accounted for the goal scoring (who are up to what?..14 goals this season).

Montreals aggressive forecheck were picking off the outlet passes exiting the d zone..couple that with brutal coverage from the forwards, and you've got yourself a blowout.

If the Canucks have any plans on making the post season, they have to beat the Habs (and the Leafs)..They get an opportunity to redeem themselves tonight..I'm assuming Demko gets the net.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Either
A) Demko steals the game and we take it 3-1, Pearson with the empty netter or
B) Demko's unbeatable streak ends and we lose 4-1. Somehow Quinn Hughes ends up -5 for the night because Habs.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

tenor.gif

Reactions: Peter10

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Just gotta completely transform the defensive system by 4pm. I think is possible if everyone buys into it and plays their best career games. Have Petey pop in a couple a beauties and a few from the second line and we got this

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

That stat is so inconsistently/subjectively tracked that usually I don't read much into it, but at this pint it's undeniable. The Habs puck pressure gives this team fits. It's especially glaring when you watch how the Canucks forecheck and defend, way less puck pressure and much easier for the Habs to both exit their zone and enter the Canucks zone. You can blame the coaching, the roster, or both, but it's definitely an issue.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We have to watch this team get abused by the Habs again tonight? I definitely need another bottle of pain killer (Scotch).

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Miller and Pettersson are having a nightmare start to the season. Similar to the Flames stars struggles last year? Gonna need the topline to start being dominant at even strength again or this team is going nowhere.
Makes matters worse is the Miller Coach Green brake

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
IMO - this season, Allen has been better against us than Price has.

Just don’t get embarrassed, boys. I can live with a loss if we actually make a game of it. Another curb stomping will just be so god damned deflating.
Thats not good...

This is definitely a make or break point in the season, they dont want to get buried in the next 4 games.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Thats not good...

This is definitely a make or break point in the season, they dont want to get buried in the next 4 games.

Not really worried about the leafs burying us much. They don't forecheck like the Habs and force mistakes. It's more skill skill skill and track meets. It's no coincidence that the teams that have given the Canucks the most trouble are the two most structured and deep teams in the division (Flames/Habs)

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Habs really are showing themselves to be a very solid team from top to bottom, although they don't have any "superstars" other than Price. Good, useful depth in every position, but also a coach who is getting the most from them. I really thought the Edmundson acquisition was underrated too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad