Injury Report: Canucks Mumps Outbreak - UPD (02-26): Hutton, Rodin, Trainer suffering symptoms

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Just heard on Tim and Sid that 4 players have symptoms of the Mumps, and 1 player has a confirmed diagnosis.

Stecher has been confirmed.

Tanev, Tryamkin, Chaput, and Granlund have symptoms.

Wow.

I remember when the mumps ravaged the league a couple yrs ago... and timeline to figure out ground zero...
http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/33596/tracking-down-where-the-nhl-mumps-outbreak-started

Wonder where ground zero was for our players? Did they vacation together? Where?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol....game could put the fear of God into the Sharks.....they're going to want to put yellow tape around the Canuck dressingroom.......somebody could slip a Canuck water bottle on to their bench as retaliation if they start gooning it up on the ice.....This team....just when you think it can't get much worse, they find a way!

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
really happy for McEneny been following him since being signed
ranked around 2nd on draft yr (or so i recalled)
gets injured whole yr and not get drafted
signs with Canucks in prospect camp? 2 more junior season
sent back as OA
sent back ECHL then gets injured for most of season and ripped up stats toward the end
started in AHL and finally gets a regular time and gets the call

been a long road

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I wonder if management thought to check whether these call-ups have had the mumps already, or at least been vaccinated.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The NHL was reportedly vaccinated in the early stages of the 2014 NHL outbreak, and it still continued to effect people.

But yeah.. blame the organization.

(Mind you Stecher wasn't in the league then... so who knows)

I just got an email from my university warning about outbreaks all across the prairies/rural BC. This obviously is part of a bigger outbreak that isn't just isolated to the NHL. At the same time, are the Oilers/Flames/Jets going through similar outbreaks?

Not blaming the organization per se, but it's absolutely worth noting (and further exploring) that an 800M corporation has some of their most important personnel possibly not vaccinated.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Hmmm I should ask my doctor about getting a booster shot. Pretty sure it's been well over a decade since my last one. Measels too.

Gotta just laugh at this though... "If we didn't get the mumps we would have made the playoffs!" :laugh:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Mumps is highly communicable so it's not a shock when hockey players share water bottles on the bench during games and practice. Mono has done its rounds on teams too for the same reasons.

CoveRat

Jun 30, 2012
More call ups possible tomorrow according to Benning in the interview. Maybe Subban.

They play tonight and tomorrow though so it's apparently a problem of scrounging up players.

Benning is also talking to the league and what abilities they have if a full on outbreak occurs. LTIR, Injruy reserve were mentioned and I'm guessing emergency recall is possible if we lose 5 or more guys for a week or more.

Emergency recall you say.... Wonder if that gets Juolevi a few games?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
At this point, NHL experience for deserving guys like Grebier and McEneny is a good thing.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Zero issues seeing McEneny get the recall, he's been a great story. But man, what circumstances.

Scene:
[McEneny enters Green's office after receiving summons]
McEneny - Hey boss, what's up?
Green - Thanks for coming, Evan. I've got some good news - the Canucks have called you up.
McEneny - Seriously?
Green - You bet.
McEneny - That's fantastic! Wow...and also...a bit unexpected? Don't they have 8 defensemen already?
Green - Yeah, well, about that...there's some circumstances.
McEneny - Ooooh, the trade deadline is next week - did somebody get moved?
Green - Er...no.
McEneny - Is somebody hurt?
Green - Well, not exactly...
McEneny - Wow...so they really just wanted to reward me for having a great year? A guy expected to toil away in the ECHL, and now I'm headed to the NHL...man. This feels great!
Green - Yeah....yeah! Let's roll with that. Good job. On an unrelated note...are your shots up to date?
McEneny - Shots? Like in school?
Green - Yeah, those.
McEneny - I think so.
Green - Excellent. And uh, here, here's a care package for you to take to Vancouver. You know, the guys here pitched in for some stuff for you - to say congrats. [hands over a box]
McEneny - Really? Those guys are great, that's so touching, I...hey boss...is this a surgical mask?
Green - You're wheels up in two hours, Evan, you better get a move on.
McEneny - ...this looks like a hazmat suit...
Green - Have fun in Vancouver, Evan.

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
I have first hand knowledge of the mumps. At age 22 I got badly swollen glands on either side of my throat. My doc diagnosed mumps and I went to bed feeling crappy for a week. I thought I was recovered, got up and resumed my life.

But it was far from over. The glands between my legs swelled up like tennis balls. Pardon the pun.

I was back in bed for maybe two more weeks before I was ok. So about a month in all.

One more thing - before I got the mumps I had 20/20 vision. When I finally got up I had to get glasses which I have worn ever since. I don't give a **** what the Canucks make public about this, my story is true from personal experience. Mumps can be serious and no fun.

Maybe we'll finally get to see Jordan Subban.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Apparently there was a moops outbreak in Washington State recently and one player on the Wheatkings has been diagnosed with them. There is also currently an outbreak in TO.

(from main boards)

I think Trump*is behind this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad