Injury Report: Canucks Mumps Outbreak - UPD (02-26): Hutton, Rodin, Trainer suffering symptoms

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
:laugh: Outstanding. :sarcasm:

So much for anybody wanting any of our mumps-ridden players at the deadline. :laugh:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This is unbelievable. Of all the Canuck-luck things to happen, right before the Trade Deadline...

How did we **** off the hockey gods so badly? :cry:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
If this prevents us from making trades, it could be a blessing in disguise. The fanbase and media would absolutely destroy management and there would be no chance they return next season. Unfortunately I still think they get a deal or two done, but teams will use this (mumps outbreak) as an excuse to lower the price on guys like Hansen and Burrows.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope they all have a speedy recovery. Utica is absolutely ****ed now.

Only laughing because I'm pretty sure a bunch of kids in residence had this a couple years ago and they were fine. Sidney Crosby did too. Glad it's nothing horribly serious/worse.

Edit: oops, I was thinking of noro. Mumps is very different. Crosby did have mumps though.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/mumps-1.3996880

This is unbelievable. Of all the Canuck-luck things to happen, right before the Trade Deadline...

How did we **** off the hockey gods so badly? :cry:

Two positive notes:

1) At least this didn't happen during the playoffs or something.
2) None of the potential tradeable players are reported to be affected.

On a negative note, yeah, Benning is going to use this as ammunition for sure. :cry:

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Well that sucks. There's management's built-in excuse for not making any trades.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Only laughing because I'm pretty sure a bunch of kids in residence had this a couple years ago and they were fine. Sidney Crosby did too. Glad it's nothing horribly serious/worse.

Two positive notes:

On a negative note, yeah, Benning is going to use this as ammunition for sure. :cry:

:laugh: Didn't even think about that, man they'd almost be better off just being an independent AHL team lol

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Apparently the Canucks are still hoping Tanev can go tomorrow, according to Twitter summaries of Benning on the radio. If he can't, they will apparently recall Subban in the morning.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Two positive notes:

To his credit, Benning just said on the radio this will not affect the trade deadline.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!....this could get ugly tomorrow night in San Jose...who's the goalie of record?....hope it's not Miller....could destroy his GAA and save percentage before the deadline....game on HCN too....maybe another team in the NHL will take pity on us and trade with us for somebody!

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
More call ups possible tomorrow according to Benning in the interview. Maybe Subban.

They play tonight and tomorrow though so it's apparently a problem of scrounging up players.

Benning is also talking to the league and what abilities they have if a full on outbreak occurs. LTIR, Injruy reserve were mentioned and I'm guessing emergency recall is possible if we lose 5 or more guys for a week or more.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Wow...still no Subban. :shakehead

McEneny outplaying Subban right now defensively and on PP. He has been the best defenceman down there.

Travis Green and Ryan Johnson made the choice for the call up recommendation to Benning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->