Injury Report: Canucks Mumps Outbreak - UPD (02-26): Hutton, Rodin, Trainer suffering symptoms

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Sharks are gonna murder that Hutton-Larsen pairing.

Sbisa and McEneny (I'd like to hear Bob Cole butcher his name) won't fare much better but I think they could play the simple game and at least won't get pushed around.

If the Sharks get a couple early this could be ugly by the halfway mark and then they'll just put it on cruise control.

Too bad Subban won't get a shift. Just let the kid run the pp. Not that they Canucks will be able to draw a penalty.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Could players realistically miss Detroits game?

Well it is hard to say when we don't know how serious the others have it. I believe it was said that the tests for the others will be known Monday/Tuesday.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I like it how Willie goes out of his way to take Eriksson off his natural position just so he won't be in a line with Horvat, and instead puts an AHL plug there while burying him with Sutter and Megna.

Well at least we know Willie has been vaccinated.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Wow,,just for sh_ts and giggles,,,i would have re called jake virtanin,,see if it lights a fire in his a--
What do we have to loose,,,,really,,,

Sadly I almost forgot about him.

Man this must be brewing inside him. Canucks desperate for bodies call up just about everybody except him. Not that he even remotely deserves it; I just wonder if he sees it that way. He comes across to me as a self entitled kid. That might not be fair, just feeling I get. Could because of his draft position and the fact that he "made" the team straight out of junior..... which he never should have.

Hmmmm..... I wonder if Jim has it in him to cut ties with his little "oopsie" and package him up in a bigger deal at the TDL. That would be shocking.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Thanks, but we know.

And your team's actually getting good now. Dougie Gilmour doesn't need to facepalm anymore. ;)
I'm a Nucks fan too, have been living in Vancouver for 13 years :) And it was a comment about society in general, not the Nucks specifically. Plenty of people assume these Nucks players themselves aren't vaccinated, but it's more likely that they are vaccinated, and the real culprit is a general lack of herd immunity in society due to the anti vaxxer movement.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
I'm completely ok with this situation. We literally get to audition our young players forcing management and ownership to see what we have in the prospect cupboards (aka a few solid prospects but hey maybe a few of these guys will surprise us this week).

None of our trade deadline assets are on the list of affect players so it strengthens the need to trade them knowing there's no way this team will make the playoffs at this point. Get some assets for Burrows, Miller, (on the fence with Hansen) and there's always the option to resign after playoffs (I'd be ok with bringing both back on lower aav/term). But it also allows the young guys to still play and compete hard, maybe even more so as they'll probably play with a chip on their shoulder as everyone counts this team out.

Literally accomplishes the tank and deadline selling without bringing anything negative to the locker room (well minus the mumps but that'll pass).

I swear someone planned this, it's too good.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This season had just turned from bad to Wily E Coyote.

At this point I'm keeping myself going via morbid curiosity, how tall can this dumpster fire burn?

Hey maybe we can get a few surprises from the call-up's.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
kinda surprised virtanen wasnt called up, especially considering the fact that he was a "full time NHLer" last year

He hasn't been very good in Utica and doesn't deserve a call-up.This sends him a message that he needs to get much better before he can get back to the NHL.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If Benning had anything to do with keeping this quack on board he should be fired yesterday. No wonder the injuries on the Canucks have not been treated properly. Time for the moron Aquaman who has obviously been fine with this to sell. If I'm a player and my career has been threatened by lack of proper medical attention while receiving quack menot medical attention mty lawyers will be in c=ont act immediatelyy weith Benning and Aquaman, the trainer, the team physician and anyone else who could have had any hand it.

For those posters already stating the Canucks must have been vaccinated and those of us voicing concern are overreacting READ THIS PIECE!!!!! They were advised NOT to vaccinate their players because of autism fears. QUACK< QUACK< QUACK!!!

Er...is this a joke?

Because the article is a joke...Jenny McCarthy is not the Canucks' team doctor.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
well said BG. my wife and I contacted a realtor the day after the election. We were going to wait to jan to actually put the house up for sell, but were so disgusted we did it earlier. No offers, we lost the place in Canada we had bought. But we are going to soldier on, like good little Canuck fans.

Awww, I thought we were going to be neighbours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad