Canucks Managerial Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
if garrison wasn't given a ntc than he coulda been sent to St louis and berglund would have given management more options in the kesler trade. It was the ntc that handcuffed that deal

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
if garrison wasn't given a ntc than he coulda been sent to St louis and berglund would have given management more options in the kesler trade. It was the ntc that handcuffed that deal

Are we seriously going to blame Garrison's NTC for Benning doing a terrible job with the Kesler and then Bonino trades? :laugh:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I just did didn't you read my post?

Then can I blame the bad Garrison return on the Mitchel head injury? cause that really set of a chain of events that caused us to sign Garrison a few seasons later, that "caused" the bad Garisson trade, that caused the bad Kesler deal, that caused the bad Bonino trade, that caused the bad Sutter contract, and I am sure that will cause the bad something...

Stupid Malkin.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I can just think of willie desjardins and i get mad. Its like a nervous tick. The guy is killing the vancouver canucks. Why didnt you play markstrom god youre so damn stupid. Markstrom save of the god damn century 40 saves.
GOES BACK TO MILLER WHY GOD HYEHWYYWHH

First you make up something about Johansen which isn't even accurate, then you put all the blame on the coach to avoid putting anything on the GM. This is hilarious.

If Miller can't be the workhorse that he's being paid to be, maybe we should have stuck with Lack?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Then can I blame the bad Garrison return on the Mitchel head injury? cause that really set of a chain of events that caused us to sign Garrison a few seasons later, that "caused" the bad Garisson trade, that caused the bad Kesler deal, that caused the bad Bonino trade, that caused the bad Sutter contract, and I am sure that will cause the bad something...

Stupid Malkin.

I blame the Canucks not winning a Stanley Cup on World War II.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
First you make up something about Johansen which isn't even accurate, then you put all the blame on the coach to avoid putting anything on the GM. This is hilarious.

If Miller can't be the workhorse that he's being paid to be, maybe we should have stuck with Lack?

No, if Miller played 2/3 less games and still have sub 900 in past 5 games I wouldn't be *****ing at Willie.

Markstrom had 40 saves, he's 25

Good god give him another

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I blame the Canucks not winning a Stanley Cup on World War II.

I am going to blame Lucy, if she had just stood up straighter 3.2 million years ago, I am sure a butterfly crapping somewhere would not have and thus that set of the change of events that stopped the Canucks from winning every season ever at any sport.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I blame Hamhuis for hip checking Lucic, literally a single dumb decision cost millions of people their dreams.

We had the series, and then he decides to go as low as you possible can and hit a 235 lb Man in the thigh only to have him timber like a redwood onto your back.

Get out of here Dan, you're Bieksa to me now

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask

Stupid Malkin.

Flawless logic

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I blame Hamhuis for hip checking Lucic, literally a single dumb decision cost millions of people their dreams.

We had the series, and then he decides to go as low as you possible can and hit a 235 lb Man in the thigh only to have him timber like a redwood onto your back.

Get out of here Dan, you're Bieksa to me now

That happened in game 1 when the score was 0-0. :facepalm:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jeez, are people seriously suggesting that Ohlund should have been traded at the 2009 deadline? He was the #2 defender on a division-winning, Cup-contending team. This is nothing like our current situation.

Likewise, anyone claiming the Garrison signing was somehow bad in any way will forever be completely wrong.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Jeez, are people seriously suggesting that Ohlund should have been traded at the 2009 deadline? He was the #2 defender on a division-winning, Cup-contending team. This is nothing like our current situation.

Likewise, anyone claiming the Garrison signing was somehow bad in any way will forever be completely wrong.

I wasn't a fan of Ohlund's work post-2005 lockout, so I wouldn't have minded seeing Ohlund dealt at any time. But to suggest we should have been sellers at the 2009 deadline is ludicrous.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Are we seriously going to blame Garrison's NTC for Benning doing a terrible job with the Kesler and then Bonino trades? :laugh:
Yea, NTCs are easy to work around :laugh:

So far Benning has Rid himself of two NTCs, while gillis was unwilling, or unable to

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

Stupid Malkin.
there is only Gillis to blame for not resigning Mitchell. Biggest blunder of Gillis regime, imo.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Pretty incredible that with the current state of our defense there are still posters defending the Garrison trade. The "logjam" on the left side was about as bad of an excuse as the supposed "age gap".

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Pretty incredible that with the current state of our defense there are still posters defending the Garrison trade. The "logjam" on the left side was about as bad of an excuse as the supposed "age gap".

I said at the time, and I will stand by this, I never minded the idea, it was the follow through. It was what we traded him for, where we ended up spending our cap, which was defence and goaltending, two places I didn't think we needed to.

I also thought we shoul have been looking at trading Edler, as I really thought we could have gotten the best package for him. But we will never really know.

As it stands, it was a bad deal, and worse to bring in Sbisa.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Stupid Malkin.
Pure gold

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
One of the worst groups we've ever had. I said it last spring that we'd all look back at this time as one of the darkest in our history and nothing has changed my mind. I have absolutely no faith in GMJB and I also believe Willie D is one of the worst coaches we've ever had. I really don't care if the players like him, he is a stubborn old buffoon who more often than not proves to me that he's not an NHL caliber talent. A strong attribute of any good coach is reading the bench and knowing who's going and who isn't. Willie D does not have this skill. I hate the current state of the Canucks management and literally pray for the day things change.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
No, if Miller played 2/3 less games and still have sub 900 in past 5 games I wouldn't be *****ing at Willie.

Markstrom had 40 saves, he's 25

Good god give him another

Miller has played 5 games in the past 15 days. How much rest does he need?

Doesn't seem like a guy you can rely on in the playoffs.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Miller has played 5 games in the past 15 days. How much rest does he need?

Doesn't seem like a guy you can rely on in the playoffs.

Pretty much. Not sure how this can be argued. I doubt we make the playoffs anyway so it's probably all for not.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I said at the time, and I will stand by this, I never minded the idea, it was the follow through. It was what we traded him for, where we ended up spending our cap, which was defence and goaltending, two places I didn't think we needed to.

I was in the same boat. IIRC, Garrison's possession numbers really bottomed out towards the end of 13-14, and I wasn't totally against dealing him for the right price. I thought it was a decent gamble to take on the chance that Garrison may have been in decline. Of course, the return Benning ended up getting for him was unsurprisingly (in hindsight) terrible, and Garrison has bounced back just fine in Tampa.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I was in the same boat. IIRC, Garrison's possession numbers really bottomed out towards the end of 13-14, and I wasn't totally against dealing him for the right price. I thought it was a decent gamble to take on the chance that Garrison may have been in decline. Of course, the return Benning ended up getting for him was unsurprisingly (in hindsight) terrible, and Garrison has bounced back just fine in Tampa.

But if we didn't trade Garrison we wouldn't have your glorious avatar, so in the end everything worked out for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad