Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Accidental hiring?
Here is a screenshot of Davidson's iPhone:

davidsoniphone_zpsoq4veqi0.png

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
"willie never plays any of the kids, we need travis green!" Do you guys not remember that green didnt give hutton or mccann any games and only put virtanen in because someone was hurt? fast forward 4 months and willy is using them in the NHL, sometimes in significant roles (especially hutton) and we are sitting here wishing we had the coach that wouldnt even put them in the game.

Every team complains about their coach not playing the kids. In fact, we have done it with just about every coach here.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
^^^ that's not something I have against with Willie D

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Every team complains about their coach not playing the kids. In fact, we have done it with just about every coach here.

That's true. Marc Crawford was probably the least guilty of it. Granted, he was criticized for sending the Sedins out on the 2nd unit PP without fail and then years later criticized for not playing the Sedins more when they were clearly our #1 line.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Botchford works for a Tabloid

As in, he makes **** up

Sounds more than believable to me. Linden isn't there for his managerial skills. Benning is a scout not a details man, he seems entirely focused on personnel/prospects. Weisbrod is Weisbrod.

Makes perfect sense Lindenning needed needed help since they just fired the details man. Just be glad that they were smart enough to ask for assistance.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
I'd rather they ask for assistance than say give a contract that when rules change the nhl decides to ***** over the contract givers.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
lmao botchford was on a podcast released today where he said benning and co had to consult with the league on the finer points of the CBA

thank you harvard lawyer man you know exactly how to do things: ask smarter, more qualified people how to do things

edit: the podcast is here: http://canucksarmy.com/2015/10/26/c...on-botchford-corey-pronman-and-corey-sznajder

There some good stuff in that podcast if Botch is to be believed. Including management thinking that Bieksa was holding back Sbisa from reaching his potential.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The Province is basically toilet paper.

And more than believable is Botchford's job

You can choose to ignore it if you want, but that doesn't mean the Province is a tabloid. Jason Botchford is more hooked up with the Canucks organization than you or I so I will choose to believe his word over yours.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
There some good stuff in that podcast if Botch is to be believed. Including management thinking that Bieksa was holding back Sbisa from reaching his potential.

I'm not a Sbisa fan whatsoever, but he's definitely looked a lot better this season with a rookie defense partner than he did with the big ticket, veteran in Bieksa...

Shed $4.6mil off the cap, recoup a 2nd Rd pick AND upgrade that pairing? Where do I sign? :laugh:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Sounds more than believable to me. Linden isn't there for his managerial skills. Benning is a scout not a details man, he seems entirely focused on personnel/prospects. Weisbrod is Weisbrod.

Makes perfect sense Lindenning needed needed help since they just fired the details man. Just be glad that they were smart enough to ask for assistance.

Are you kidding me?

You're telling that I should be glad that we got a bunch of bumbling cap-ignorant, non-salesy, non-marketing, non-negotiating, non asset-managing wanna-be executives running my Canucks?

Well... ok then... :shakehead

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
More like Sbisa looks the same and there is now only one bad player on his pairing.

Sbisa definitely does not look the same. If he did, his thread would be active 24/7.

He's been better than he was last season and has kept the blunders to a respectable level for a bottom pairing dman. Hopefully he and Hutton continue to not be minus players going forward.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Are you kidding me?

You're telling that I should be glad that we got a bunch of bumbling cap-ignorant, non-salesy, non-marketing, non-negotiating, non asset-managing wanna-be executives running my Canucks?

Well... ok then... :shakehead

You misread his tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad