Canucks Management & Ownership Discussion | Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Just curious how the board feels about Chris Krieder.

and how would you react if the Canucks Traded there 2017 1st round pick to get him:)

That would be awful. I would probably completely abandon the team until after next year's draft. No point in watching this team fail without any sort of light at the end of the tunnel in the way of a high draft pick.

This would be similar to what Toronto did when they offer sheeted Kessel. Except Kessel was at least a legitimate first liner.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The Canucks had one of the best AHL defencemen at the time they traded for Clendening. Instead of trying Sanguinetti for even one game the Canucks traded for a comparable talent with much worse skating. It was a bizarre move short term and long term.

Forsling was first in goals amongst dmen at the WJC last year and seventh in points. Unlike most for Sweden's defence he didn't look lost in his own zone. He was named the Swedish Junior player of the year last season, so it's not just HF hyping him.

Yup. Made absolutely zero sense and still does. What a terrible move, and terrible scouting.

I have no dog in this fight but people here have been insulting Benning because of the way he sounds in interviews from the beginning of his tenure in Vancouver. The anger started with the decision not to re-build and Benning became the scapegoat who took the brunt of that because of his job title. Then after Benning was hired every move he made that didn't align with a re-build just increased the anger until the insults became a meme in the online hockeysphere. Just be honest guys, you didn't like him from the start because he wouldn't implement a re-build.

I didn't want a rebuild. I agreed with his 2014 plan to re-tool and felt it could be done with competent management.

However, he's done such an utterly disastrous job of it that a rebuild is now really the only option.

And he deserves to take heat for the way he sounds and the lack of intelligent content to what he says. He's the representative for a massive corporation attempting to explain the direction of that organization to hundreds of thousands of customers. It's a huge part of his job.

If the head of Apple held a press conference to explain a new product and was like, 'Uh, this is our new iphone, and uh, it does, uh, lots of cool stuff real good. We, uh, hope you buy it' that person would be eviscerated for it, and rightly so.

Benning sounds stupid. Says stupid things. Does stupid things. And makes stupid move after stupid move. He's stupid. If it walks like a duck ...

I think time and the previous regime destroyed anything we had left.

Luongo, Schneider, Kesler, Malhotra, The Sedins, Hamhuis, Burrows who am I missing? All either squandered by Gillis or else old balls now. The only piece left worth anything is Edler and he is constantly **** upon by so called fans... par for the course.

Also notice how the guys that are old now but still here have contracts that severely limit Bennings ability to do anything with them.

What?

Almost every quality part of this team is left over from Gillis. Tanev, Edler, Hutton, Sedins, Hansen, Horvat, Markstrom. Even the Virtanen pick was essentially inherited.

Benning has surrounded that core with complete and utter garbage. And the crippling contracts are Benning's not Gillis'.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

and how would you react if the Canucks Traded there 2017 1st round pick to get him:)

I'd save about $40 a month from instantly cancelling my cable so there is that positive. I'd also have a lot more spare time as I wouldn't bother following draft eligible prospects and would probably skip the draft day entirely for the first time in years.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Ummm... please tell me this is just spitballing and not based on stuff you're hearing around the office. :help:

I have no sources. I am just a wanna be insder according to some people on here.

If they get Krieder. They will not finish in a top 5 draft position. They would be close to making the playoffs. so worst case it is pick #``14

He is signed for 4 more years at 4.6 million dollars.

I am just " bored" at the work..

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Getting Krieder would be insanity because Jake Virtanen is literally the exact same player, or will be in very short order.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

pm7v6HP.gif

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Because they're very flawed (if useful) middle-6 players and this organization needs other things a hell of a lot more.

Also the whole value imbalance of a potential top 5 pick for a middle 6 winger which, as you correctly say, isn't our most important need right now.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Haha, no kidding ... if ever there was a line that could have all 3 guys go 20-0-20 in a season, this would be it.

Bring back Keith Ballard so he could form a pair with Sbisa and then play them as a five-man unit: The Rushin' Five.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I have no sources. I am just a wanna be insder according to some people on here.

If they get Krieder. They will not finish in a top 5 draft position. They would be close to making the playoffs. so worst case it is pick #``14

Of course people question your reports, they do change quite a bit.

You said Willie was gonna be fired if they miss the playoffs, then 2 weeks later said he won't be fired because they don't wanna pay another coach not to coach.

There was also this
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=114174659&postcount=825

not to say we don't appreciate the reports but you should understand peoples uncertainty.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
Getting Krieder would be insanity because Jake Virtanen is literally the exact same player, or will be in very short order.

If you're throwing a potential top-5 draft pick into the rumour mill, my starting price would be a front-line centre because that is the next gaping hole facing this organization. Of the ones who'd interest me -- and I'm one of those people who loathe dealing draft picks, so I'm not endorsing such a trade -- would be Bennett, Larkin and Strome.
I'd doubt any of those teams would consider a deal unless they were fairly sure Vancouver was going to be among the three-worst teams (and Vegas odds should be 2-5 for that). Kreider? That's what a Shinkaruk, 2nd round pick-plus package should have been used...

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

Unless Kreider can transition to being a top-4 puck moving defenseman I don't see him single handily dragging us from a bottom-5 pick to a wild card spot. We are not a physical winger away from making the playoffs. We are one defenseman injury away from dead last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad