Post-Game Talk: Canucks lost to Golden Knights | 1-4 (Kuzmenko) | Not Good Enough

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Pettersson identifies as a shovel. Must hate seeing snow because he takes every opportunity to try and clean up the ice.

Reactions: LordBacon

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
giphy.gif

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Rough game - we have the most GP of any teams in the league and we looked tired and banged up tonight and an elite team punished us.

Awful defense pairings that mean you have a weak defender on the ice 100% of the time are also a major problem. Got away with it against crappy Ducks, didn't get away with it today. Hopefully Zadorov fixes things there.

This must be the 6th time in the last 10 games that PDG has been removed from the Miller line mid-game. Time to remove him at the start of a game. Just isn't getting things done and when the Pettersson line is generating nothing at ES having a weak player also kill the offense of the other scoring line isn't ideal.

Boeser is killing it on PPs and empty nets but his 5-on-5 defence still sucks. Was clueless on the 1-0 and 2-0 goals and was blowing the zone while Vegas had the puck on the 2nd goal - this is the second time that has happened in the last couple weeks, the other being the 3rd period goal in Seattle where Myers blew an edge and Boeser had blown the zone early there and his man scored.

Pettersson is just yuck. And when you see how good Kuzmenko suddenly looked with Miller you wonder how much of Kuzmenko's problems in the last month is because his C is playing like absolute shit.

Cole and Mikheyev both look like guys who should get a game or two off.

Aman looked great in his debut but is a guy who needs to maintain that energy level to stay in the NHL and it didn't happen tonight.

I'm not sure if Garland was good or bad tonight. What an odd player.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Rough game - we have the most GP of any teams in the league and we looked tired and banged up tonight and an elite team punished us.

Awful defense pairings that mean you have a weak defender on the ice 100% of the time are also a major problem. Got away with it against crappy Ducks, didn't get away with it today. Hopefully Zadorov fixes things there.

This must be the 6th time in the last 10 games that PDG has been removed from the Miller line mid-game. Time to remove him at the start of a game. Just isn't getting things done and when the Pettersson line is generating nothing at ES having a weak player also kill the offense of the other scoring line isn't ideal.

Boeser is killing it on PPs and empty nets but his 5-on-5 defence still sucks. Was clueless on the 1-0 and 2-0 goals and was blowing the zone while Vegas had the puck on the 2nd goal - this is the second time that has happened in the last couple weeks, the other being the 3rd period goal in Seattle where Myers blew an edge and Boeser had blown the zone early there and his man scored.

Pettersson is just yuck. And when you see how good Kuzmenko suddenly looked with Miller you wonder how much of Kuzmenko's problems in the last month is because his C is playing like absolute shit.

Cole and Mikheyev both look like guys who should get a game or two off.

Aman looked great in his debut but is a guy who needs to maintain that energy level to stay in the NHL and it didn't happen tonight.

I'm not sure if Garland was good or bad tonight. What an odd player.
Garland can be good but i will never like his game

He's a puck hog who has tunnel vision when the puck is on his stick

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Looking like the Canucks still have a ways to go to match up to a team like Vegas. Their speed and size gives the Canucks fits.

Roster still needs a lot of improvement. This is as bad as Petey has played in this league. Trouble even staying on his feet half the time. Just a non factor in these types of games. For a player that is looking for top of the league type money, he really needs to step it up.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I honestly think Myers is immune to benching.

Contract, name value as a past calder winner, 6'8, American, RH shot.

I agree with you, but I really don't see it happening.

The hell with his contract, guy has been the leftover of Bennings trash signings. He’s the worst defensemen on this team since Eric Weinrich.

….and that idiot only played 15 games for us

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The hell with his contract, guy has been the leftover of Bennings trash signings. He’s the worst defensemen on this team since Eric Weinrich.

….and that idiot only played 15 games for us

If we bench Myers the Chaos Gods might come for our heads.

We don't want the Chaos Gods coming for our heads.

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
All I’m going to say is I’d much rather keep Garland than Mikheyev

Mikheyev is a much better player than Garland.

But we've seen numerous times over the years that a guy coming off a serious injury/surgery who misses training camp will often look good for 10 games and then hit a wall, and that looks like what's happening right now. Mason Raymond in 2011 after his back injury is the first other example that comes to mind.

They really shouldn't have played him in B2Bs. I think that was their initial plan but then Suter got hurt and they got greedy.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
A tier or two below Vegas, maybe next year. Zero chance they would ever get past that wagon in a series.

Reactions: Grantham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad