Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 4-1. Should have drafted Nichushkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Luongo lost this game. Ridiculously soft goal he let in against the grain of the play. I was listening to the radio at the time and Tomlinson let out a "aggghhhhh...." and no sigh.

Pretty sure the whole team did. Lehtonen out played him so ridiculously. Breakaway save, that Hansen save....

Canucks have problem scoring, plain and simple. Tying up 5.3 mil in a goalie who can't make the saves he's supposed to consistently isn't worth it IMO.

They have a better shot at winning by tying that money up in another player and going with a good (not great) goalie like Lack and hoping you can out score his mistakes.

Luongo has let in soft goals the past few games, but can the offense pick him up for once? He only does it, well, almost night after night. Sucks we have 5.3M tied into a goalie with .919SV% and a 2.26GAA on an average team.

Right now, we have a lot more money tied into players not scoring - Sedins, Kesler, Booth, shall I continue?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
They were not in the game. Just because it was 2-1 doesn't mean they were in the game. You want to get in the game? Go out and ****ing score. That's how you get in the game. This team just has problems scoring against good teams.

Yes, Luongo had a bad game. The first goal is one you'd like to see him stop, and the third goal was bad. But where is the offense? I could turn around and say they were "in the game" until the Sedins just decided not to score, and thus we lost.

Deflect! Deflect!

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Thought the Sedins' were fine tonight, just got unlucky on a few Hansen chances. I do agree with the idea of Daniel not being the player he once was though, Henrik though is carrying his weight, despite Hansen scoring 3 goals in 5 games, I don't think he's a great fit with them.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hansen isn't a permanent fixture with the Sedins. He's only good in small doses with them. Need Burrows back, and need Burrows to be the old Burrows.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
that soft goal luongo let in... wow. deflated. letonean was good. hansen should drop down a couple lines. not a fit for the twins. daniel's scoring touch is gone.. he's not the same..

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Luongo has let in soft goals the past few games, but can the offense pick him up for once? He only does it, well, almost night after night. Sucks we have 5.3M tied into a goalie with .919SV% and a 2.26GAA on an average team.

Right now, we have a lot more money tied into players not scoring - Sedins, Kesler, Booth, shall I continue?
The difference here is with more money tied into the forward group, there's higher chance of the the teams' scoring improving vs leaving it as it is right now where scoring 1-2 goals and hoping that it's enough.

He let in a softie vs Boston as well (we scord 6 though) and Colorado. So this is clearly an issue.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
that soft goal luongo let in... wow. deflated. letonean was good. hansen should drop down a couple lines. not a fit for the twins. daniel's scoring touch is gone.. he's not the same..

We should've tied up the game at 2 before that, unfortunately. Good article on the game:

“That third goal I gave up there was a back-breaker for our guys,†a solemn Luongo said. “It was a wrister, I stopped it with my glove and it kind of just fell down and I think it might have fallen between my legs or something and it just trickled in. Whatever it is, it’s an inexcusable goal at that point of the game.â€

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ca...s+fall+Stars/9308489/story.html#ixzz2nzpH3r6j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad