Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 4-1. Should have drafted Nichushkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
The Sedins absolutely need to be split up. At this point this is how I see the lines:

Higgins-Kesler-Santorelli (no need to mess with a line that's producing)
Booth-Henrik-Hansen
Daniel-Richardson-Weise
Sestito-Dalpe-Kassian

After I wrote Henrik's name my answer was "**** me" for the RW...Hansen gets it by default because Kassian has been a train wreck, and I can't justify playing Weise in a 2nd line role.

Interesting...not a bad idea.

I'm not entirely convinced of the RW's in lines 2 through 4, but it's worth a shot. I didn't even think of keeping Keslers line together. I wonder if that's too radical an idea for Torts.

Castle1*

Luongo **** the bed tonight.

Our supposed scorers **** the bed tonight.

Time for Gillis to get off his arse and make a move....oh...too late....christmas freeze is on. Good job gillis you bloated >>>> >> >>>>.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Luongo **** the bed tonight.

Our supposed scorers **** the bed tonight.

Time for Gillis to get off his arse and make a move....oh...too late....christmas freeze is on. Good job gillis you bloated >>>> >> >>>>.

I think this team is better off staying the course this year, rather than shipping off valuable pieces to only fail later on. I don't think we're a couple moves here and there from being a true contender, which isn't worth the pieces IMO.

Stay the course, and introduce the young blood next year...hopefully.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I can agree with that, but I'm still not prepared to even for a second consider putting Daniel on the third line.

That had to be for shock value.

I'd just swap Higgins/Daniel honestly. Or Daniel/winger on Kesler's line. Whatever you wish. Need Burrows back though.

Daniel - Kesler - Santorelli
Higgins - Henrik - Burrows

Castle1*

I think this team is better off staying the course this year, rather than shipping off valuable pieces to only fail later on. I don't think we're a couple moves here and there from being a true contender, which isn't worth the pieces IMO.

Stay the course, and introduce the young blood next year...hopefully.

It has been two years since it was well known the canucks have issues scoring. How long does one wait? One more year? Two more years?

Inaction has caused this situation to become bigger than it needed to be. The canucks now cannot even compete in the strongest division because of a lack of scoring.

gillis has had two years to fix the problem but he is incapable of fixing it. gillis needs to be fired imo.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Why? Why disrupt our only producing line??

It would be a short experiment, is basically what I'm suggesting. Just to try and see if we can spark two scoring lines. If not, go back to one scoring line for now. Doesn't matter anyways. One week teh Sedins are hot with no secondary scoring, the next week the Sedins are cold and there's secondary scoring. Can never win.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It has been two years since it was well known the canucks have issues scoring. How long does one wait? One more year? Two more years?

Inaction has caused this situation to become bigger than it needed to be. The canucks now cannot even compete in the strongest division because of a lack of scoring.

gillis has had two years to fix the problem but he is incapable of fixing it. gillis needs to be fired imo.

We've waited too long. Sedins can't be relied as heavily upon now, I mean, Daniel is clearly not regaining his old form and that already hurts Henrik's effectiveness. Even if we have secondary scoring, can the Sedins be the Sedins? They've been so on and off, which is expected, but like I said in my above post, one line is hot one week while the second is not, and vice versa.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Not at all. The Sedins should be split, but I'm not willing to break up our only producing line for these guys.

Yeah I get that, but even if that line is the only line "currently" producing I still don't see in a million years how the notion of Daniel on the third line with Booth on the second line makes any sense..... even if it was just an experiment for one game. I honestly don't even know where to begin explaining how wrong that is.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
And now Lack will beat Chicago and become the number 1 goalie.

If Lack will do what Schneider did in taking over the job by outplaying Luongo starting from tomorrow, I would invite this to happen. Right now goaltending is second major problem with this team aside from the biggest one of offence.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Why is Lu even playing this game? (He wasn't good, btw but nor was it even mostly his fault)

Torts needs to manage his back-to-backs more strictly especially in an Olympic year.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yeah I get that, but even if that line is the only line "currently" producing I still don't see in a million years how the notion of Daniel on the third line with Booth on the second line makes any sense..... even if it was just an experiment for one game. I honestly don't even know where to begin explaining how wrong that is.

It makes sense because I don't want to split up what has been our top line right now, while Daniel and Henrik need to be split up. Replace Henrik with Richardson if you prefer. Hopefully playing on the 3rd line will give Daniel some easier minutes and he can get his game back. I don't see why the Sedins would be immune from Torts doghouse.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
LOL. Oh man, you almost hope he falls flat.

Will never happen with Torts, he is loyal to his #1's to a fault.

Of course you hope Lack beats Chicago, it took a couple of seasons for Schneids to play his way into contention.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Why is Lu even playing this game? (He wasn't good, btw but nor was it even mostly his fault)

Torts needs to manage his back-to-backs more strictly especially in an Olympic year.

Torts did the same with Lundqvist - rode him hard all year, Luongo is experiencing that now. Luongo probably starts in CHI tomorrow.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

I agree it will probably never happen, but everyone needs a wake-up call once in a while.

Daniel's is overdue.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Luongo lost this game. Ridiculously soft goal he let in against the grain of the play. I was listening to the radio at the time and Tomlinson let out a "aggghhhhh...." and no sigh.

Pretty sure the whole team did. Lehtonen out played him so ridiculously. Breakaway save, that Hansen save....

Canucks have problem scoring, plain and simple. Tying up 5.3 mil in a goalie who can't make the saves he's supposed to consistently isn't worth it IMO.

They have a better shot at winning by tying that money up in another player and going with a good (not great) goalie like Lack and hoping you can out score his mistakes.

John Bender*

Luongo lost this game. Ridiculously soft goal he let in against the grain of the play. I was listening to the radio at the time and Tomlinson let out a "aggghhhhh...." and no sigh.

Pretty sure the whole team did. Lehtonen out played him so ridiculously. Breakaway save, that Hansen save....

Canucks have problem scoring, plain and simple. Tying up 5.3 mil in a goalie who can't make the saves he's supposed to consistently isn't worth it IMO.

They have a better shot at winning by tying that money up in another player and going with a good (not great) goalie like Lack and hoping you can out score his mistakes.

I agree with this post.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Luongo did not make the saves the team needed. The team did not score the goals Luongo needed. A perfect recipe for a ****** loss. Take it and move on. It's not like we deserved to win, even with that second period the effort was sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad