Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 4-1. Should have drafted Nichushkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Higgins success will likely trick management into thinking we are fine with our current forward group. Torts is renowned for squeezing a dollar outta a dime, imagine if he actually had a dollar..

John Bender*

And that's why we're going nowhere in the playoffs. But hey, Gillis likes this team so there's that. :handclap:

Scoring is one problem. Leaky Lu and his one or two horrendous goals a game will absolutely destroy this team in the playoffs.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
They were in the game...until Luongo broke their hopes after that crappy third goal.

They were not in the game. Just because it was 2-1 doesn't mean they were in the game. You want to get in the game? Go out and ****ing score. That's how you get in the game. This team just has problems scoring against good teams.

Yes, Luongo had a bad game. The first goal is one you'd like to see him stop, and the third goal was bad. But where is the offense? I could turn around and say they were "in the game" until the Sedins just decided not to score, and thus we lost.

John Bender*

They were not in the game. Just because it was 2-1 doesn't mean they were in the game. You want to get in the game? Go out and ****ing score. That's how you get in the game. This team just has problems scoring against good teams.

Wow. You are hilarious.

The Canucks were all over the Stars and that third goal came completely against the flow of play and really deflated the team. Get your head out of your know where dude - it's ridiculous. They were down by 1 and coming hard. They were down 2 based on Lu's again allowing 2 goals in like a microsecond.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Yes, Luongo had a bad game. The first goal is one you'd like to see him stop, and the third goal was bad. But where is the offense? I could turn around and say they were "in the game" until the Sedins just decided not to score, and thus we lost.

How about we chat about line-up changes instead of Lu everyone? We have beaten that to death too often.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

If you actually watched the game, you'd have realized the Canucks dominated the Stars the whole second period and all Cole does it get it on net and it's in. When you dominate a period like the Canucks did, and all the opposition has to do is get it on net in order to score, it really deflates the players sails'.

They were in the game. Just because it was 2-1 doesn't mean they're not in the game. If it was 5-1, you'd have a clear-cut case for them being out of the game.

Can't you just admit Luongo blew a game for once? That was a brutal third goal to let in after a period of domination. Brutal. Luongo's reaction after the goal should be enough for you to realize it was a terrible goal. He knows it, he'd admit it, so why can't you accept it?

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
And once again, the same person is allowed to use the same antics to again derail and ruin a thread with the same disingenuous argument. By tomorrow morning this will be a flaming trainwreck. Night all.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
How about we chat about line-up changes instead of Lu everyone? We have beaten that to death too often.

The Sedins absolutely need to be split up. At this point this is how I see the lines:

Higgins-Kesler-Santorelli (no need to mess with a line that's producing)
Booth-Henrik-Hansen
Daniel-Richardson-Weise
Sestito-Dalpe-Kassian

After I wrote Henrik's name my answer was "**** me" for the RW...Hansen gets it by default because Kassian has been a train wreck, and I can't justify playing Weise in a 2nd line role.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If you actually watched the game, you'd have realized the Canucks dominated the Stars the whole second period and all Cole does it get it on net and it's in. When you dominate a period like the Canucks did, and all the opposition has to do is get it on net in order to score, it really deflates the players sails'.

They were in the game. Just because it was 2-1 doesn't mean they're not in the game. If it was 5-1, you'd have a clear-cut case for them being out of the game.

Can't you just admit Luongo blew a game for once? That was a brutal third goal to let in after a period of domination. Brutal. Luongo's reaction after the goal should be enough for you to realize it was a terrible goal. He knows it, he'd admit it, so why can't you accept it?

It was a bad goal, but can't you just admit that the team needs to score more than 1 goal for once? I wouldn't say we dominated the 2nd period at all. What Dallas did to start the first period was dominant. What we did was just solid play.

I've said Luongo had a bad game, what more do you want? But I'm not going to say that the goalie blew the game for a team that looked as bad as we did, while only scoring 1 goal offensively. Had we lost this game 4-3 then you would have a point, but 4-1? Not a chance!

John Bender*

I think he is deeply in love with Roberto. That's really the only explanation. Mad love.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
just to expand on this further, against top 10 teams in the west the canucks are: 3-7-4.

yeah, that's right- 3-7-4
3-7-4
can we stop burying our heads in the sand now?

Maybe the team is a work in progress and they're not that good at the moment because they haven't figured things out?

What's the big deal? Burrows is out, the Sedins floundering, Edler out, Luongo coughing up untimely goals, Kassian seems stuck in his development and an assortment of other problems.

I think you enjoy the season as best you can, and if the team hasn't improved by the deadline you see about trading some of the roster to position yourself for improving the quality of the players for next season.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It was a bad goal, but can't you just admit that the team needs to score more than 1 goal for once? I wouldn't say we dominated the 2nd period at all. What Dallas did to start the first period was dominant. What we did was just solid play.

I've said Luongo had a bad game, what more do you want? But I'm not going to say that the goalie blew the game for a team that looked as bad as we did, while only scoring 1 goal offensively. Had we lost this game 4-3 then you would have a point, but 4-1? Not a chance!

Offense needs to bail out Luongo once in awhile, yes, anyone will admit that. I'd say we did everything but score in the second - same ol' story though. It's just routine wrist shots like Cole's goal really sting since we can't score. Luongo let's in one bad a goal a game, let's say, that means we automatically have to score two goals to win in regulation. Now let's factor in other possible goals that aren't weak, and we have to score about three goals a game to win.....lol at that happening on a consistent basis.

I'm not a Luongo-hater, and I think you know I'm a vocal advocate for more scoring, and have been quite pissed at the lack of scoring posters around here consistently turn a blind eye too because of rare blowouts with have ala against Boston.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I think he is deeply in love with Roberto. That's really the only explanation. Mad love.

He has a point though. When is the offense going to bail Luongo out for a handful of games? This team has no consistent scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad