Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 3-2 in a shootout. Henrik passes to the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
ON the plus side, i look forward to Tort's reaction to the inevitable 'sedins in a shootout' question by a reporter :handclap:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Meh. Lose in the lottery at the end after hitting two posts. Unlucky.

Decent performance against a good team who are very strong at home. 1st period was iffy, last 40 minutes we were the better team.

Hamhuis was absolutely terrific ... except on the PP. Not sure why he's now the #1 option on the point on the PP, when he should be #5 if you include Weber. But otherwise that was his best game of the season, and the early worries about his play are long gone.

Sedins controlled play but were getting mauled again. Need to shoot more.

No issue with the Kassian hit on Vrbata. Was boarding and a 2 minute penalty, but you want him punishing the top players on the other team. Announcers whining way too much about it.

Luongo was good. Rebound control right now is very strong.

Santorelli continues to excel. Another terrific performance for him. Maybe our best forward tonight.

Bottom 6 continues to be iffy. Need some guys back.

Lord Flacko*

Laughed my ass off at the title. :biglaugh:

I don't understand why they don't use Kassian in the shootout:cry:

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I liked the first 3 shootout selections. Sedins just don't get shootouts at all. Keep them away from it. Henrik had one awesome penalty shot goal, I think, last season where he made an incredible move, but they just don't get it.

On Dan's shootout attempt, he needs to sell his fakes better.

Go in with speed and deke like crazy. Stop slithering around from side to side like you're drunk.

Like Burrows did? Give me a break. There is no point in saying what a player "should" do in a shootout. Sometimes some things work and sometimes others do. Analyzing the shootout is an exercise in futility.

It is a dice roll. We tied. Again. Our 58th tie of the season.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
This loss stings a bit, thought we could have put away a very good pheonix team (who is amazing on home ice so far) at various times tonight, and we had chances to win this, higgins hit the post, edler still taking way to long to get his shot off in OT.

But loosing in a shootout is nothing to get furious over.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
That was Henrik's 4th attempt and Daniel's 24th.

Give them each 500 and I guarantee you they will be near the top in %age.

Shootout results mean absolutely nothing. Less than nothing. They are anti-knowledge; they suck the knowledge from your brain.

I'll take that bet.

I can literally eat a steak, digest and **** before the get to the net.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
I'm guessing Torts got the memo concerning Sedins and shootouts but chose not to believe it or wanted to see for himself.

He ought to have seen enough by now. He better not go with a Sedin EVER again.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Henrik with a beautiful pass to the boards....in the shootout :facepalm:

As soon as I saw Daniel and Henrik going in for the shootout I knew they wouldn't score. They should be banned from the shootouts.

You must be thrilled.

After being noticeably silent for most of the season while the Sedins have been unreal, this has given you a perfect opportunity to get back on your anti-Sedin soap box.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I liked the first 3 shootout selections. Sedins just don't get shootouts at all. Keep them away from it. Henrik had one awesome penalty shot goal, I think, last season where he made an incredible move, but they just don't get it.

On Dan's shootout attempt, he needs to sell his fakes better.

Go in with speed and deke like crazy. Stop slithering around from side to side like you're drunk.

What a surprise, the Sedins suck donkey dick in the shootout.

Daniel's attempt was passable. just need to lift it a bit.

Henrik - LOL. It's almost like he has too much time and too many options that no decision gets made.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Im not the biggest bieksa fan, but I would like to see him get a chance in the shootout as well.

Outside99*

Just curious, what does Gulutzan do? Sully draws up the last minute plays and that's who Torts consults with for the shootout as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad