Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Too bad Petersson is not playing today.

Was looking forward to watching him.

I bypassed him in my draft ... big mistake ... and took a Lightning rookie instead.

I was somewhat concerned about Pettersson's size. This is his 2nd. time being out of the line-up this year, although the first was the body-slam right?

Over thought the pick!

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamNylander

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I bypassed him in my draft ... big mistake ... and took a Lightning rookie instead.

I was somewhere concerned about Pettersson's size. This is his 2nd. time being out of the line-up this year, although the first was the body-slam right?

Over thought the pick!

Babcock is a big fan of Pettersson

No kidding, Elias

Count Babcock as a big fan of excellent Canucks rookie Pettersson, and though the Leafs would love the challenge of trying to stop the 20-year-old, that will have to wait as Pettersson has suffered a right knee injury. His absence will be a large hole for the Canucks, and Babcock knows what Vancouver will be missing. “He’s smarter than everybody else so he can stand still and create space,” Babcock said. “You can say lots of things about him. He has the puck the whole time.”

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Babcock is a big fan of Pettersson

No kidding, Elias

Count Babcock as a big fan of excellent Canucks rookie Pettersson, and though the Leafs would love the challenge of trying to stop the 20-year-old, that will have to wait as Pettersson has suffered a right knee injury. His absence will be a large hole for the Canucks, and Babcock knows what Vancouver will be missing. “He’s smarter than everybody else so he can stand still and create space,” Babcock said. “You can say lots of things about him. He has the puck the whole time.”

I read that, I think a little bit of smoke being blown up the kilt.

I've actually watched a few Canuck games this year and I'd say they are no longer the team I want to see lose every game now. That feeling is now with the Flames. Listening to some of their coverage shows how homerish some are. One guy can't say anything bad about them and will flip-flop on his opinions to support the team. Laughable.

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
We kinda need a blow out win to get us back into a groove. The boys need something to feel good about.. the wild game looked to be going that way, and just fell flat.

PP unit needs to get clicking.

Keep the shots against low, or at least less danger.
the leafs just have to learn it`s a 60 minute not a 40 or a 20 minute game . when they play a game like that they can hold their own against any team in the league

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'd like to see a good effort tonight to set the tone for the next couple of weeks with games slated against Nashville, Boston, Colorado and Tampa Bay amongst them

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Please win, I'm not worried about how we do it I just want us to pull out a win with our brutal schedule coming up

Look after Hutchinson, he's not very good but if the team turns up we will still win

No excuses

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Worked well last time.
Hutch is terrible too but he's fresh meat to rant at.
Thankfully I'm not attending this one but I do get the pleasure of watching it with my oldest friend who also happens to be the dumbest Leaf fan I know. :laugh:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Thankfully I'm not attending this one but I do get the pleasure of watching it with my oldest friend who also happens to be the dumbest Leaf fan I know. :laugh:

He just got here, and the leafs sucked big time, let's see he hows does tonight

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He just got here, and the leafs sucked big time, let's see he hows does tonight
They weren't that bad, they win that game with better goaltending.
My expectations are low for tonight. I'd bet the over.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
We haven’t lost 3 in a row yet this season right? Let’s hope that continues tonight

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
No Petterson = “Trap Game”

Hope they come out for a full 60 and no stretch passes ffs.

Forwards provide outlet to the D and no neutral zone turnovers

Also hoping Willy is back to 100%

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The problem with this team is that it is extremely lazy. This all has to do with the forwards group.

They do not play the right way. The team needs more Marleau, Hyman, Brown, Kadri. Less fancy stuff. Tavares is good, but everyone else needs to work on their play without the puck.

The forwards do not play the right way.

Not even half the time. If it was half the time, then this team will be giving the Tampa Bay Lightning a run for the top spot.

If this team played the right way half the time, it is a top contender for the Stanley Cup.

Playing the right way only occasionally, means this Leafs team can be beat in the playoffs by a harder working team with a hot goalie.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

:laugh:

So many comments a fellow Leafs' fan can build off that statement.

Remembers the joke about the genius who undergoes surgery to reduce his IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad