GDT: Canucks @ Leafs - 7pm - another day, another win part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m sure it’s been asked and answered many times but is it possible for Andersen to get a game or two before the playoffs start? Same with Nash?

Im not fully certain, but I believe it’s possible for one of them to be activated before the playoffs, but due to cap, we need the LTIR room of one of them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nash maybe plays a conditioning stint game or two with the Marlies, and Freddy gets the final game of the season.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Why did they even sit Foligno. He was just off for over week with isolating.

Not really sure to be honest. I think he had an injury before and maybe he was a little banged up.

I think they'll probably rest the vets or stars the last few games if they know they clinched 1st in the division.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Im not fully certain, but I believe it’s possible for one of them to be activated before the playoffs, but due to cap, we need the LTIR room of one of them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nash maybe plays a conditioning stint game or two with the Marlies, and Freddy gets the final game of the season.
Makes sense but I thought the marlies were done soon?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
First I’ve heard of that. Brutal.
Canucks last game is May 19th, Leafs last game is the 14th so originally, the playoffs were to start a few days after the regular season. So a May 22nd start for example Leafs will have about a week off. This also bodes well for Hyman coming back healthier, and Bogosian getting an extra week of recovery.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
No rest for the weary. I was hoping to see Holl and Brodie given a break. Obviously nothing wrong with the lineup.

Makes sense, I think we should make up on some rest against the Jets and the Sens.

Sens- No chance of making the playoffs.
Jets - It's better they beat us so we don't face them in round 1, the habs are getting close. Also, our last game of the year.

Rest the 30+ squad - Thornton, Spezza, Simmonds, Brodie, Muzzin, Foligno, Tavares

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The schedule the rest of the way isn't bad at all. A couple of multi-day break in between and no more back to backs, so I don't see much of a need to rest some guys. I like the idea of keeping the team in rhythm and trying to lock up the division sooner than later.

If they're able to lock up the division by next week, then rest some guys in those final games against Ottawa and Winnipeg

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I’m sure it’s been asked and answered many times but is it possible for Andersen to get a game or two before the playoffs start? Same with Nash?

Both Bogo and Hyman would also have to remain on LTIR for this to be possible.

Reactions: ACC1224

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Re: the discussion about standings, if we do make it out of our division, standings also matter in round 3. There’s a complete re-seeding in that round - best record plays the worst record. So having a great regular season record could matter a lot, if a weaker team makes it out of their division.

Like, say a weaker team like Minny makes it through, along with the Leafs and 2 strong teams like Washington/Tampa. If we have the best record of the bunch we get to play Minny, otherwise it’s one of Washington/Tampa.

Obviously, MASSIVE hypotheticals here, but we do want a strong record not just for winning our division, but also for round 3, if we make it that far.

Reactions: saffronleaf

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Nucks fans are still pissed that Simmer fought Edler. Sure it was a mismatch but it was completely expected. They would be cheering if the roles were reversed. They are talking like they hope one of our skill guys gets smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad