GDT: Canucks @ Leafs - 7pm - another day, another win part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
At the moment nothing has been released from a credible news source so we should avoid propagating any details. I think he was accused of something on Twitter. You'll catch wind of the nature of it if you search his name on Twitter (I can't find original allegation there, though).
Thanks. I’ll wait to see if it comes out

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Canucks last game is May 19th, Leafs last game is the 14th so originally, the playoffs were to start a few days after the regular season. So a May 22nd start for example Leafs will have about a week off. This also bodes well for Hyman coming back healthier, and Bogosian getting an extra week of recovery.
I'm OK with this

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Are you serious? 2 weeks off before the playoffs start? Damn. Has it even been confirmed when the playoffs will begin? 2 weeks off seems like an awfully long time
The last game in the North is May 19. Realistically we won't start till Saturday, May 22 IMO. 3 weeks away.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Andersen knows the best way to become the starter again is to switch careers, asking how much the Zamboni driver makes.

Well at least if he if he gets a zamboni gig he knows he can always come back and beat the Leafs whenever he wanted.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Why did they even sit Foligno. He was just off for over week with isolating.
Keefe was mouthing off that he threw a puck away in to the middle and Matthews saved him a turnover on his knock it down shoot it goal against the Habs. Keefe was intent on making his beef withthe play public. In other words,thats not what we got you for so eat the puck or move it safer

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Canucks last game is May 19th, Leafs last game is the 14th so originally, the playoffs were to start a few days after the regular season. So a May 22nd start for example Leafs will have about a week off. This also bodes well for Hyman coming back healthier, and Bogosian getting an extra week of recovery.
There is a possibility the games will mean nothing and the Canucks could finish their season playing non playoff teams and it would allow a earlier start. Last three for Calgary/Vancouver are against each other. Both could be eliminated by then. Will have to play the games for draft position nonetheless.

Last edited:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Nucks fans are still pissed that Simmer fought Edler. Sure it was a mismatch but it was completely expected. They would be cheering if the roles were reversed. They are talking like they hope one of our skill guys gets smashed.

It was expected for sure.

In response to a tweet by Iain MacIntyre, I really liked Bieksa's comments about the Edler-Simmonds fight and code players abide to:

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It is going to be difficult not to switch and watch the Dallas/Nashville game tonight. It will be a playoff style intensity likely. If we are scoring good I won’t be able to switch. That’s a good game to watch if you want to get a indication of playoff atmosphere.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Nucks fans are still pissed that Simmer fought Edler. Sure it was a mismatch but it was completely expected. They would be cheering if the roles were reversed. They are talking like they hope one of our skill guys gets smashed.

This is the same bunch that cheered on Benn when he stood up for Hughes right? It’s fundamentally the same thing.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Not sharing as it's strictly allegation at this point and borderline gossip. Noteworthy enough that it's keeping him out of the game tonight though.

They posted on their Instagram a few minutes ago "Allegations of sexual misconduct"

Vancouver Canucks player on leave after sexual misconduct allegation - Bowen Island Undercurrent

I always find it very stupid when an allegation like this is made, not saying he's guilty or innocent. But 4 years after the fact, how do you even prove what happened at this point ? How would you find evidence to prove him guilty ?

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

Leafs strong depth should create that really good & healthy competition Dubas has mentioned; should be great for their run, no passengers.

Smart & vocal players clicking together, Brooks is probably taking it all in like a sponge; I think he'll continue to do well on this line & it may become hard to breakup them up if that happens.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
They posted on their Instagram a few minutes ago "Allegations of sexual misconduct"

Vancouver Canucks player on leave after sexual misconduct allegation - Bowen Island Undercurrent

I always find it very stupid when an allegation like this is made, not saying he's guilty or innocent. But 4 years after the fact, how do you even prove what happened at this point ? How would you find evidence to prove him guilty ?
Cases like this are very different then others, very delayed allegations are very common & they still very much have the ability to prove what happened, it's just hindered because of the time that has passed.

It's not dumb at all if it's true, it can be a hard thing to come out with.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
With 2 weeks off before the start of the playoffs rest shouldn’t be an issue, it’s probably more about getting some players game ready now that we’ve secured our PO spot.

Hopefully Matthews doesn’t sit, I selfishly want him to hit the 40 mark, needs 4 in the next 6 games.

I want 41 goals to get to 60 goal pace in a regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->