Friedman: Canucks intereted in big players w. Skill ( players mentioned)

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
You only make a trade like that knowing the player wants to sign with you.But why would Kane want to go to another team with no hopes of the playoffs anytime soon..

1. If you know the player wants to sign with you then that should be all the reason you need to just wait until july

2. Kane is from Vancouver. Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities to live in.

These are the only reasons i see Kane signing here. Otherwise i see Vegas as a more intriguing destination for him.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Namestnikov? Been riding the coattails of two elite players all year. Is he skilled? Sure, but not a player I'd be targeting when he's in-line for a huge raise.

Bjugstad? Stay far, far away.

Nelson? Meh, he's decent I guess, not really anyone I'd be targeting.

TrueCanuckle

Feb 15, 2009
calgary
Namestnikov? Been riding the coattails of two elite players all year. Is he skilled? Sure, but not a player I'd be targeting when he's in-line for a huge raise.

Bjugstad? Stay far, far away.

Nelson? Meh, he's decent I guess, not really anyone I'd be targeting.

Agreed. I think the best suitor for the canucks is Evander Kane/Nick Richie. Both would fit in nicely with Horvat and Boeser

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Agreed. I think the best suitor for the canucks is Evander Kane/Nick Richie. Both would fit in nicely with Horvat and Boeser

I'll pass on Kane. We don't need anymore players that have questionalbe character - although Kane would be a great leader for Virtanen...in all the wrong reasons. Ritchie, sure I guess.

I'd rather they target Coyle or buy low on Boone Jenner.

Reactions: TrueCanuckle

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I'll pass on Kane. We don't need anymore players that have questionalbe character - although Kane would be a great leader for Virtanen...in all the wrong reasons. Ritchie, sure I guess.

I'd rather they target Coyle or buy low on Boone Jenner.

jenner would be good, but not sure they sell low on him. kane is free just costs a contract, Ritchie I think the Ducks would want to keep him he is still young. Not sure if Coyle is available Minny likely doesnt make much moves after the big time fail last year with Hanzal

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
They should just draft Brady Tkachuk, they missed out on Matthew anyway. Practically the same player, just Brady is a better playmaker and not as reckless as Matthew.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Jim Benning has no idea what he's trying to do

The 2017 opening day roster is what he is trying to get back to. Early on, every aspect of the team was working well. It was a brief illusion, lots of guys were playing over their heads. It sold the braintrust on Green's vision, though.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
They should just draft Brady Tkachuk, they missed out on Matthew anyway. Practically the same player, just Brady is a better playmaker and not as reckless as Matthew.

That would be the worst idea. If Tkachul is BPA when the Canucks.are drafting then sure.

But to draft based on current positional need is a mistake.

Also guys like Brady Tkachuk are dime a dozen. Guys like Svechnikov/Zadina or Boqvist/hughes are not

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
That would be the worst idea. If Tkachul is BPA when the Canucks.are drafting then sure.

Also guys like Brady Tkachuk are dime a dozen. Guys like Svechnikov/Zadina or Boqvist/hughes are not

Brady Tkachuk is a dime a dozen? So if his upside Pat Maroon? I think Tkachuk will have a similar impact to that of his brother. Definitely not an easy asset to acquire

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The 2017 opening day roster is what he is trying to get back to. Early on, every aspect of the team was working well. It was a brief illusion, lots of guys were playing over their heads. It sold the braintrust on Green's vision, though.

It's insane how often Benning's excuse for a bad season has been "injuries"

Idk how ownership keeps eating up that bullshit.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia

Brady is second on my board, skilled and tough- exactly what we need. My dream is to land the lottery pick and somehow trade into the top 5 to get Brady- longshot and never going to happen though

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
if i had to choose, its Nelson. Should be cheaper to sign vs what Bjugstad is making

I'd be ok with Bjugstad with some retention. I think he's better than his stats indicate, and could likely be a high-end #3 centre, or a decent #2 centre if he improves a bit. He's got the tools, that's for sure. That's more valuable than what Hutton has brought to this team over the last two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad