TSN: Canucks interested in Lecavalier (UPD: Vinny to Philly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dado

I don't understand your correlation between Schneider trade and Lecavalier.

He's a bonafide Top 6 center than can fill in until Horvat is ready. I think Vinny might be looking at shorter term options so he can re-sign in Tampa sooner than later.

We already have two bona fide top 6 centres, both younger than him, and while different, at this stage, both better than him.

Combined with the Schneider moves, this would make the team considerably older, which is supposed to be the exact opposite direction the GM claims he's moving in.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
People are stressing too much about cap implications.

We can LTIR Booth for 4.25 and Kesler will inevitably block a shot the wrong way and go down for a month.

Gilman knows more about cap manipulation than the people who wrote the CBA. He's a ****ing wizard, if Vinny wants to come here, Gilman will make the space for him.

Tanevian*

If MG doesn't make a pitch, we ***** about it.

If MG does make a pitch and it succeeds (Garrison pre-February), we ***** about it because said player is overrated and we could have gotten Y player for the same amount.

If MG does make a pitch and the player goes elsewhere (Schultz), we complain he isn't trying hard enough to lure high end talent.

We are all Canucks.

Can I add "signs Sundin" but then fans whine about "what if he signed for 2 years?"

home-run.jpg

canucks22

Feb 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
He just got a huge payday, I'd bet he is looking for somewhere that he WANTS to be. Whether that's with a CDN team, a contender, or a nice climate I have no idea.

He's still going to get paid though, and deservingly so, he can be a top 6 center on pretty good teams. I agree that he's gonna want to go somewhere where he wants to go, I think he's gonna go with a contender..maybe Boston? Horton's gone now

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 28s
Hearing Lecavalier could decide which #NHL he'll sign with as early as tonite. Told #Canadiens were in the final running but are now out.

Surprised Habs are out. Canucks didn't have a chance to begin with, and certainly don't now.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
First we get rid of our young stud goalie to keep an aging goalie, and now we want to give a prime roster spot to an aging bought-out player who hasn't cracked 30 goals since 2008?

Why?

He was on something like a 65 point pace this year. I don't think we will get him, but nothing is wrong with throwing an offer at him

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Hearing Lecavalier could decide which #NHL he'll sign with as early as tonite. Told #Canadiens were in the final running but are now out.

Surprised Habs are out. Canucks didn't have a chance to begin with, and certainly don't now.

Wow, thought Habs were the front runner. Honestly have no idea where he's going now.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007

Look on the bright side - the more teams that "drop out", the greater the chances for us right?

edit
Vinny to Philly per Dreger on Radio.
...so much for that.....still don't understand why Philly doesn't spend that cap space on goaltending (I don't count Mason as fixing that problem).

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Vinny to Philly?

Interesting. I thought they would spend the money to shore up their atrocious D. Though he is a great for fit for them, Giroux-Lecavalier is a pretty sweet 1-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad