TSN: Canucks interested in Lecavalier (UPD: Vinny to Philly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
LeBrun reiterated that the Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins, St. Louis Blues, Washington Capitals, Philadelphia Flyers, Anaheim Ducks, Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames have all shown interest and that any deal with the Canadiens depends on whether he wants to 'go home' and deal with both the perks and detriments of playing there.

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426777

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Do we have the cap space for this? Don't remember having 4M+ kicking around.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
How much? How long?

I like Vinny for our team right now... I'm not sure how him or his salary fit in a year or two.

I would give him $20M/4 years. I think that's just long enough to allow a transition for two of Horvat, Schroeder and Gaunce to work their way into our top 6.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Not unless Booth is gone.

If they could replace Booth with Lecavalier and Ballard with a different 5th d-man that would be a good off-season.

Sadly I don't think they will do anything here.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
Seems like it would be Gillis' style to sign him, and then try to trade salary once the whole league knows we're over cap, thereby eliminating the chances of a fair deal.

He seems to be great at giving away his advantages

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
We could front load him and give him 7 years to bring his cap-hit down, but I think there is little to no chance he signs here anyway. Who would want to come to this three ring circus?

SaucyNavel

Sep 14, 2007
Vancouver
There goes Dallas

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 3m
Sources saying Dallas Stars no longer believe they are in contention for Lecavalier. #TSN

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'd love Vinny here.

We can call him and Luongo the Florida Connection and they can go tanning and **** together.

EDIT: Both literally and figuratively **** together since Luongo's office is a crapper.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Vinny has been pretty steady at 0.8 points per game(career average) for the last five seasons. I would very much like for the Canucks to sign him, but I doubt Vancouver is anywhere near the top of his list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad