TSN: Canucks interested in Lecavalier (UPD: Vinny to Philly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I wouldn't mind moving Kesler to RW and having Lecavalier at 2C. A Ballard buyout would help, but still more room would have to be made. They can't buyout Booth while he's injured, and I don't think they plan to. Pretty much anyone else is on a NTC except ELC's, Hansen, Lack and Sestito and it makes zero sense to move them. They could start the season with Booth on LTIR, but eventually a move would have to be made.

I don't think Lecavalier wants to play in Canada anyway...

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
For some reason Gillis feels he needs to pretend he is in on every player who ever becomes available.

His ******** is getting a little tiring to me.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
^ MG is "pretending" he's in on players? What? :laugh: He's doing his job. He's trying to improve the team, and if he wasn't at least contacting players like Lecavalier, he would be fired.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I don't know if this is a good idea at all.

A, cap space issues.

B, Lecavalier is washed, and or has no heart to try anymore.

Maybe, and its a big IF. Torts knows how to motivate him, and if so that would be worth a gamble.

Nov 1, 2011
Go give Vinny 5 years @ $4M front-end loaded as much as possible under the new CBA.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

A, cap space issues.

Maybe, and its a big IF. Torts knows how to motivate him, and if so that would be worth a gamble.

Vinny has a **** ton of heart, that was never his issue.

His contract was handicapping the Lighning. Buying him out was the absolute last thing they wanted to do.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

A, cap space issues.

Elaborate please.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
For some reason Gillis feels he needs to pretend he is in on every player who ever becomes available.

His ******** is getting a little tiring to me.

Explain to me how Gillis is pretending here. Insiders say the Canucks, along with seemingly most of the league, are in on him. Gillis pitching to Lecavalier is a good thing no matter the outcome.

Posters finding ridiculous ways to twist ever report that comes out into an anti-Gillis rant are getting annoying

canucks22

Feb 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
He's 33 and is looking for his last big payday, I don't think Gillis is going to be dishing out the paper to get him especially if he's looking for a 5-6 year deal. Let's not forget, some teams are probably offering north of 5M because they have the luxury. I would love to be optimistic about bringing Vinny here because he's a great player but just doesn't seem all that likely

SaucyNavel

Sep 14, 2007
Vancouver
Well yea he isn't the same player he was, but washed up is really reaching..

I'd take him here in a second if the term and $$ worked.

canucks22

Feb 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
However, I like that Gillis offered out to Lecavalier, he's been regaining my confidence in him since the Horvat pick, keep it up Mike lol

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Explain to me how Gillis is pretending here. Insiders say the Canucks, along with seemingly most of the league, are in on him. Gillis pitching to Lecavalier is a good thing no matter the outcome.

Posters finding ridiculous ways to twist ever report that comes out into an anti-Gillis rant are getting annoying

If MG doesn't make a pitch, we ***** about it.

If MG does make a pitch and it succeeds (Garrison pre-February), we ***** about it because said player is overrated and we could have gotten Y player for the same amount.

If MG does make a pitch and the player goes elsewhere (Schultz), we complain he isn't trying hard enough to lure high end talent.

We are all Canucks.

Dado

First we get rid of our young stud goalie to keep an aging goalie, and now we want to give a prime roster spot to an aging bought-out player who hasn't cracked 30 goals since 2008?

Why?

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I'd love to get him, but this seems like a very long, long shot. Cap space is restrictive, he has an apparent preference to the East coast and there are a lot of suitors. Give it the college try and work out the cap later if he signs.

Tanevian*

He's 33 and is looking for his last big payday, I don't think Gillis is going to be dishing out the paper to get him especially if he's looking for a 5-6 year deal. Let's not forget, some teams are probably offering north of 5M because they have the luxury. I would love to be optimistic about bringing Vinny here because he's a great player but just doesn't seem all that likely

He just got a huge payday, I'd bet he is looking for somewhere that he WANTS to be. Whether that's with a CDN team, a contender, or a nice climate I have no idea.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Ugh this rumour seriously needs to die. Could not think of a more unlikely free agent for us to acquire.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
First we get rid of our young stud goalie to keep an aging goalie, and now we want to give a prime roster spot to an aging bought-out player who hasn't cracked 30 goals since 2008?

Why?

I don't understand your correlation between Schneider trade and Lecavalier.

He's a bonafide Top 6 center than can fill in until Horvat is ready. I think Vinny might be looking at shorter term options so he can re-sign in Tampa sooner rather than later.

I doubt we get him but we definitely could use him.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If MG doesn't make a pitch, we ***** about it.

If MG does make a pitch and it succeeds (Garrison pre-February), we ***** about it because said player is overrated and we could have gotten Y player for the same amount.

If MG does make a pitch and the player goes elsewhere (Schultz), we complain he isn't trying hard enough to lure high end talent.

We are all Canucks.

Pretty much this. This fan base is never satisfied. Anyway even if we did have the cap space don't see Vinny wanting to come play here, I think Iginla would be a more realistic target for various reasons, but it's probably all moot seeing as we don't have the space.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
There is no way Gillis is in on Lecavailer. You are fooling yourself if you think that is the case.

Our cap situation makes it literally impossible that it is going to happen. So yes Gillis is pretending he is in on Lecavailer. He also pretends he is in the running for practically any player who becomes available, no matter how much sense it makes to our team.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

Why?

We don't need him to score 30 goals, he can win faceoffs and still be a good secondary playmaker/scorer with Kesler on his wing. If the price is right and he wants to come here, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->