Injury Report: Canucks' Infirmary: The Walking Dead Edition

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
@News1130Sports: Ryan Miller's agent Mike Liut's best guess is that Miller could be out a few weeks by how he left the ice. #Canucks

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
On Miller:
Speculating on what i watched, (the pain he showed and the amount of time he stayed motionless) I fear the worst i think hes gone for the season.:help:

Having said that, I hope its just a minor injury and he comes back soon.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Tough for Miller to go down like that, but this is probably not going to have much consequence for the Canucks. I'll be interested to see Markstrom: the Canucks might even see better goaltending results over the next 4-6 weeks.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

So I guess it's safe to say we won't be moving a goalie before the draft.

Could also create a waiver issue. If it's the 6 weeks rather than the 4, Markstrom could end up here for more than 30 days, which would expose him to waivers to be sent back to Utica...might we carry 3 goalies for the remainder of the year in that scenario?

I'm sure the Comets would love that. :(

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Big ....

@News1130Sports: Benning hopeful Bonino will play in Boston or Buffalo, said Tanev is making strides, could join #Canucks on road.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

So I guess it's safe to say we won't be moving a goalie before the draft.

cay.gif

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
:biglaugh:

At this point I just can't help but laugh at our injury woes.

It's going to be a very interesting next few weeks that's for sure.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Could also create a waiver issue. If it's the 6 weeks rather than the 4, Markstrom could end up here for more than 30 days, which would expose him to waivers to be sent back to Utica...might we carry 3 goalies for the remainder of the year in that scenario?

I'm sure the Comets would love that. :(

If Miller is out for the rest of the season then I expect Markstrom to be sent down after 30 days. We'll probably just call up Eriksson and give Lack the rest of the starts in the final 2 weeks.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If Miller is out for the rest of the season then I expect Markstrom to be sent down after 30 days. We'll probably just call up Eriksson and give Lack the rest of the starts in the final 2 weeks.

I suppose that is another possibility, albeit not one I can see A) Markstrom, or B) Desjardins, being thrilled with. Desjardins would probably prefer to have Markstrom as the backup to Lack 10/10 times right now over Eriksson.

Lundface*

They wouldn't have anyways.

This Miller contract looks worse and worse. The GM should explore every avenue to try and keep both Lack and Markstrom moving forward.

Another example of him knowing nothing about the roster before making moves.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
They wouldn't have anyways.

This Miller contract looks worse and worse. The GM should explore every avenue to try and keep both Lack and Markstrom moving forward.

Another example of him knowing nothing about the roster before making moves.

How is it Miller's fault he got run over?

Anyhow, he's been really good. I'm not thrilled with having our tandem back to like 3 games of NHL experience between them.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Bonino coming back would be great news if it meant Dorsett would be out of the line-up, but it will probably be Kassian :laugh:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Bonino coming back would be great news if it meant Dorsett would be out of the line-up, but it will probably be Kassian :laugh:

McMillan would be the likely candidate to sit at the moment. Or heck, maybe even possibly Vey, who had the least ice-time of all the centres vs. NYI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad