GDT: Canucks host Senators Game #2 of Mini Series Wednesday Jan.27th 5:00 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
One of these three games against the Sens figured to be a 'beat-down'....now that, that game has happened, the next two will be a lot tighter.

But if the Sens don't get a save or two from one of their goalies, they're in a world of trouble this season. Murray simply wasn't even adequate the other night. And the next guy up, Hogberg, isn't likely even in the class of Anders Nilsson as a backup goalie.

For the Canucks, how long can guys like Miller and Pettersson remain in a slump?....tonight could be the breakout.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Would like to see the Canucks play a 'total' game just once this season ,where the entire team contributes to the win..Last game , the bottom 6 scored four goals, and that isn't going to happen very often..The frustrated top 6 has to get into gear.

What an awful start for the Canucks this season..Not having JT Miller right off the bat, and then having the team look utterly bewildered on how to play with any type of structure...Contrast that, with how Claude Julien had his squad come out of the gate, firing on all cylinders.

I'm guessing Holtby tonight..Heads up for having two decent starters..Teams that cheaped out on a backup goalie could find themselves losing points in this compressed schedule.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Would like to see the Canucks play a 'total' game just once this season ,where the entire team contributes to the win..Last game , the bottom 6 scored four goals, and that isn't going to happen very often..The frustrated top 6 has to get into gear.

What an awful start for the Canucks this season..Not having JT Miller right off the bat, and then having the team look utterly bewildered on how to play with any type of structure...Contrast that, with how Claude Julien had his squad come out of the gate, firing on all cylinders.

I'm guessing Holtby tonight..Heads up for having two decent starters..Teams that cheaped out on a backup goalie could find themselves losing points in this compressed schedule.
What’s Holtby’s save %?
Imo he’s been poor so far.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I’ll be honest I though our goaltending would be tied for the worst in the division with Edmonton. Clearly I was living in the past with Murray who might singlehanded be the worst goalie I’ve seen in the last season and half.

No rebound control; no tracking just sorta there;

Reactions: Luckylarry

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Given that the Sens have troubles I would actually try to experiment some with the lines this game. With the purpose to get especially Pettersson to fire on some cylinders, but also the rest of the first line.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
What’s Holtby’s save %?
Imo he’s been poor so far.
No poorer than Demko..the goaltending so far, isn't the main reason we lost games this season..The giveaways were atrocious..You cant give up multiple 2 on nothings on the goalie and expect to win.

In the second Montreal game, the giveaways were something like 11-2...I dont care who is net, you wont win with those type of statistics.

Canucks are the worst defensive team in the NHL.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No poorer than Demko..the goaltending so far, isn't the main reason we lost games this season..The giveaways were atrocious..You cant give up multiple 2 on nothings on the goalie and expect to win.

In the second Montreal game, the giveaways were something like 11-2...I dont care who is net, you wont win with those type of statistics.
IMO we were a lot better off with Marky.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Why wouldn't you go back to the winning goaltender....if this player, soon to be 26 is your future in goal, you need to let him take the reins. Don't change a winning lineup IMO.

Demko starts. Give Holtby the back to back. That should be what he was brought in for.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I actually think Myers typically plays about 75-80% of each game pretty well.

The problem is the remaining percentage is often so noticeably horrific, it usually wipes from the mind all the good he did leading up to it.
Probably a result of him playing more minutes than he should but Green really doesn't have too many other options. Play with the hand you're dealt.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Yeah...I would definitely keep Juolevi in. I'd take Myers out due to his awfulness but the replacements are slim pickings.

Myers is going nowhere right now. For better or for worse, he’s a fixture in the lineup.

We need Myers, especially on the PK.

The problem is the remaining percentage is often so noticeably horrific, it usually wipes from the mind all the good he did leading up to it.

Probably a result of him playing more minutes than he should but Green really doesn't have too many other options. Play with the hand you're dealt.
88320733-46C6-42B0-B542-9F095C49C6B6.jpeg

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Why wouldn't you go back to the winning goaltender....if this player, soon to be 26 is your future in goal, you need to let him take the reins. Don't change a winning lineup IMO.

Demko starts. Give Holtby the back to back. That should be what he was brought in for.
How else can Green troll us?

Well, other than subbing in Loui for Hogs.

Don't get any ideas, Travis.

Reactions: 420Canuck

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

I think he could be really useful with a partner that is really heads up, defensively responsible, can anticipate the play, and is willing to cover for him.

Unfortunately Lidstrom retired.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I guess the point is that they could've but they didn't...am I missing something?
I would assume the point is that they're playing well just not getting the bounces and that they're so good he expects the bounces to come. The players certainly looked frustrated and Miller was audibly very f***ing frustrated lol

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I would assume the point is that they're playing well just not getting the bounces and that they're so good he expects the bounces to come. The players certainly looked frustrated and Miller was audibly very f***ing frustrated lol
Yeah. I know. Green tries to manage messages all the time. I just thought this was a little weak is all. And apparently Miller needs a bar of soap :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad