GDT: Canucks host Senators Game #2 of Mini Series Wednesday Jan.27th 5:00 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hopefully we can build some momentum and gain some confidence especially for our goalies. Our next run of games is against teams we are fighting for a playoff spot for, and we will need to start winning against teams other than the Oilers and Senators.[/

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hopefully we can build some momentum and gain some confidence especially for our goalies. Our next run of games is against teams we are fighting for a playoff spot for, and we will need to start winning against teams other than the Oilers and Senators.
With Toronto’s elite skill, and our horrible propensity for giving up high quality scoring chances, the Loser Leafs might beat us by 10.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Announcers said the game is at 4:30 tomorrow Ginger P

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
IMG_20210126_165750_786.jpg

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The fact that Edler and Hughes have the same rating makes me more upset than it should.
The entire rating system annoys the hell outta me, not just the evaluations but how a 4th line scrub is only a few overall points lower than a good top 6 player.

Used to bug the crap outta me when I played NHL video games as a kid too. I thought the Madden and NBA 2K rating disparity between star players and scrubs was way better.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Another game with results like the last one might just be the cure for what ails us. Not that I think the Sens let that happen. They might be a terrible team but I expect a lot more rough stuff tomorrow night than we faced on Monday.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The entire rating system annoys the hell outta me, not just the evaluations but how a 4th line scrub is only a few overall points lower than a good top 6 player.

Used to bug the crap outta me when I played NHL video games as a kid too. I thought the Madden and NBA 2K rating disparity between star players and scrubs was way better.

One of the many reasons I lost interest in the NHL games. Granted, I love GM mode and EA pretty much doesn't do crap with it because all they care about is Ultimate Team. I wish they made the gap larger but maybe add a system where you could have a fourth line become amazing on rare occasions. Kind of like Burrows, who nobody ever thought would be good.

On topic though. I definitely think we'll get a more eager Sens team after the other night. It really depends on if Murray shows up though. I'm still baffled how far he's fallen.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
There's no way they lose to HC Oceláři Třinec, er I mean the Senators tonight.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
On topic though. I definitely think we'll get a more eager Sens team after the other night. It really depends on if Murray shows up though. I'm still baffled how far he's fallen.

Murray had injury issues that partially derailed his career. That said, the Capitals had huge success in exposing Matt Murrays weak glove in the 2018 playoffs. Other teams began noticing it. Matt Murray lost a ton of confidence and is the goalie you see today. Deep in his net, sprawling or cheating on plays.

Similar to teams exploiting Binnington weak blocker and five hole. It's fairly hard to stay a top goaltender if you have the slightest of weaknesses.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
4-2 Send OUR goals by Myers and Beagle

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Practice lines include Chatfield in and Juolevi out. Have to think Demko gets this start after playing well on Monday?

I would start Demko for sure. Neither goalie has been poor, but I do think Demko put in the best start of the season the other day - see if you can get him rolling with some consecutive starts. That said, given the condensed schedule, I won’t be furious if we keep rotating.

As for Juolevi...yeah, I’d keep him in after just having one of his better games. But we’ll see what Green ends up doing.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Practice lines include Chatfield in and Juolevi out. Have to think Demko gets this start after playing well on Monday?
Oiler’s have played Kostkanin all eight games. Demko and Holtby have split all our games. If Green is looking for one guy to step up and take the starter role, wouldn’t Demko have earned, from his last start, to get this one?

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
As for Juolevi...yeah, I’d keep him in after just having one of his better games. But we’ll see what Green ends up doing.

Yeah...I would definitely keep Juolevi in. I'd take Myers out due to his awfulness but the replacements are slim pickings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad