Confirmed with Link: Canucks Hire Yeo and Cull as Assistant Coaches, Colliton as new HC in Abbotsford, Shaw Gone

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Don't really know if it means anything, but you never hear either Benning or Green's names coming up with any of the coaching/GM vacancies around the NHL.

And we had to listen for years, all the in-house media cheerleaders in Vancouver predicting that Green would be in huge demand if the Canucks ever parted with him. Then again, maybe not.
I think Green was rumored to have interviewed for the Panthers HC job.

EDIT:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Don't really know if it means anything, but you never hear either Benning or Green's names coming up with any of the coaching/GM vacancies around the NHL.

And we had to listen for years, all the in-house media cheerleaders in Vancouver predicting that Green would be in huge demand if the Canucks ever parted with him. Then again, maybe not.
Benning was recently hired and fired as a greeter at Wal Mart on Grandview Hwy...

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

Remember, Gord Miller wants me to apologize! (No Gord, you will never live that down)

It's still fresh. Benning has been a hockey lifer and will get hired as a scout by a team run by the OBC. It may be a few years but he'll be back.

Chiarelli was interviewed for the Hawks job this year, despite screwing up twice. The NHL recycles OBC members like nobody's business.

The CBC's fascination with Green as a great head coach always perplexed me.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Benning will never be a GM again.

He'll never be an AGM again either.

That's why you never hear his name come up in openings.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Benning was recently hired and fired as a greeter at Wal Mart on Grandview Hwy...
1657172189901.jpeg

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
As long as Yeo never gets promoted to head coach, I'm okay giving it a whirl with him as an assistant. Yeo strikes me more like an idea's guy who is better when someone else is in charge. He may have a winning record but ask Minny and Philly fans how they felt when he had no one above him.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
wonder if there were better options than cull out there for mangement to hire.. what if bruce falters and yeo is the next HC? he's had 3 cracks at it with 3 different organizations. yeo is like torts 2.0 with his swearing LOL from that minisota practice a few years ago.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
wonder if there were better options than cull out there for mangement to hire.. what if bruce falters and yeo is the next HC? he's had 3 cracks at it with 3 different organizations. yeo is like torts 2.0 with his swearing LOL from that minisota practice a few years ago.

Almost assuredly but Cull is a Ryan Johnson guy so this was a way for Johnson to get his guy a promotion along with him and for Allvin to bring in his preferred guy for the AHL, and I suspect future of the Canucks, in Colliton. Everyone's happy.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
As long as Yeo never gets promoted to head coach, I'm okay giving it a whirl with him as an assistant. Yeo strikes me more like an idea's guy who is better when someone else is in charge. He may have a winning record but ask Minny and Philly fans how they felt when he had no one above him.

Like Dave Nonis. An otherwise fairly solid number two (assistant GM) but not someone you want as the number one (GM).

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Yeo, to me, is basically insurance. I think they want Colliton to eventually succeed Boudreau. If the team falls flat this year and they let Boudreau go early, then Yeo steps in as interm. They do a big song and dance of looking for a coach. Just promote Colliton in the end. If Boudreau is successful then Colliton marinates for a little bit and if he gets another opportunity somewhere else, they pivot.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yeo is an experienced coach (250 NHL wins), I hope that he works well wth Bruce.

Last season, It was a bit of travesty that Brad Shaw was brought and was essentially ignored' by Green and Baumgartner who both stubbornly kept banging in that square peg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad