Confirmed with Link: Canucks Hire Yeo and Cull as Assistant Coaches, Colliton as new HC in Abbotsford, Shaw Gone

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’ll take that as a win mostly just because cull is gone from Abbotsford.
They had zero structure, And woo playing as a F, Prospects stapled to the bench, brutal.

Really sucks about Shaw though, he did a great job

— I do understand that it’s a promotion, all of that maybe I’m just salty about the farm system.
So I guess good for him

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This makes absolutely no sense
It absolutely does, cull lost control, He was awful in Abbotsford, on the Vancouver Canucks he’s going to be just a side piece.

He’s not running the show.

Update:

Or not, it looks like he’s running our defense, I guess he’s not a side piece, oh well, at least this is good for our kids in Abbotsford.

Let’s hope he’s a better coach in the NHL

Last edited:
Reactions: mossey3535

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
Not really a fan of the assistant hirings.

Colliton is still only 37 so I think he could still have a lot of room to grow as a coach.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Who can forget this..lol

Canucks coaching staff's f-bombs per 60 mins will be great this year

boudreau-darn.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They all do. They just rotate. Such an old boys club. You tell me a guy that’s fired and seen as unfit to coach a team on a Monday is all of a sudden a great coach again when he gets hired elsewhere on Friday.
Shelf life. Most only last so long giving them same message to the same core group.

Reactions: Indiana

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The only move that confuses me here is Cull replacing Shaw. I don’t follow Abbotsford as closely as some other here, but I don’t recall a lot of positive feedback about him and now he has a promotion. Was Shaw really that bad? I wonder if BB had any say in this? Maybe he didn’t like Shaw.

Maybe now that Cull is running the defence he can do what he did with Woo and put Hughes at forward :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad